Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a while since my last post, but I bought the halo projectors a couple years ago, and have been having issues the past couple months with them. One of the headlights stop working but the LEDS and halo rings worked. I initially thought it was a bad bulb but the bulb was fine, however, the connector was not secure. I fixed that. Both headlights worked for a while longer. Now both are lights are out but the other lighting still works. It's a pain to change bulbs out since you have to take the suckers out lol. I have found a issue that the connector is melted... I'm wondering if anyone else had the same problem with projectors? What are my options? Can I order a new connector and replace it?

I have been thinking about going back to stock headlights, but the only problem is I may or may not have the extra factory stuff that was not used for the projectors. Also, on one stock headlight somehow the plastic parts that bolt the head light to the car are all broken so at night you can see the headlight slightly move up and down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's been a while since my last post, but I bought the halo projectors a couple years ago, and have been having issues the past couple months with them. One of the headlights stop working but the LEDS and halo rings worked. I initially thought it was a bad bulb but the bulb was fine, however, the connector was not secure. I fixed that. Both headlights worked for a while longer. Now both are lights are out but the other lighting still works. It's a pain to change bulbs out since you have to take the suckers out lol. I have found a issue that the connector is melted... I'm wondering if anyone else had the same problem with projectors? What are my options? Can I order a new connector and replace it?

I have been thinking about going back to stock headlights, but the only problem is I may or may not have the extra factory stuff that was not used for the projectors. Also, on one stock headlight somehow the plastic parts that bolt the head light to the car are all broken so at night you can see the headlight slightly move up and down.

I had the exact same problem. I replaced the connector. The parts shop had a hell of a time finding one though. It is a not often used lightbulb. I think they found that the high-beam connector from a Pontiac G6 was a match. I wish I remembered the part number for you , but it was 2 years ago. Also, you may want to do both. I had the other light go out on me a few months later.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the exact same problem. I replaced the connector. The parts shop had a hell of a time finding one though. It is a not often used lightbulb. I think they found that the high-beam connector from a Pontiac G6 was a match. I wish I remembered the part number for you , but it was 2 years ago. Also, you may want to do both. I had the other light go out on me a few months later.
Yeah I was having a hard time trying to find one myself. I ended up putting my stock headlights back in. Thanks for the info by the way. I don't know why the company decided to use a odd bulb and not strong enough connections to with stand the heat.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah I was having a hard time trying to find one myself. I ended up putting my stock headlights back in. Thanks for the info by the way. I don't know why the company decided to use a odd bulb and not strong enough connections to with stand the heat.
Gotta love that Cheap Chinese build quality. To fix them I just used the inline/butt connectors with the heat shrink tubing on each end. I also put a hose clamp around the rubber cup thing. I was guessing that it was water that got in there. I have had no problems since. *knocks on wood*

P.S.
One important thing I forgot to mention. The connectors from the G6 are "L-shaped" and needed a little trimming. The hard plastic shielding around the wires is about a half an inch too long. Not allowing the rubber cups to go back on. I was just real careful with a hack saw making sure not to damage the wires.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I had the same issues with mine. Kept changing bulbs only to have the connectors melt where you are having issues. I switched to hids and the problem never resurfaced. I guess they dont get as hot or draw as much power so there fore not heating up the connection as much. Either way since the switch its been flawless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts