Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am well aware of the links for wiring your Halo LEDs to the parking lights (running lights or yellow lights) but I am interested in having my halos turn on when the car's ignition is in the "On" position.

I don't want to turn the head light switch ON for the halos to come on.

Does anybody know what fuse I need to tap into or what power wire I need to wire my Halos to?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that's what I'm looking for.

Any play by play for this set up? Any body know what wire to splice?

I'm in the dark about this one... see what I did there? [thankyou]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on guys! SERIOUSLY? NO HELP?
I know engines, suspension, and wheels, but electrical stuff is difficult for me.

WHAT FUSE/WIRE DO I TAP INTO? I just want to turn on my car, and the halos are on. No turning on of the head lights, or running back a switch to the dash board.

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
Hey you blew me off...

I can still tell you though if you'll be nice. :p

Like I said before I tapped off a fuse for it. It can be done.

You could go further into the car, but I chose to stay closer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dude hasn't sent a picture of his fuse box with the fuse # and location of where I need to plug in. I'm getting impatient.

Do you have a picture of that?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
All you need is a test light to check out options yourself.

To see if a fuse might work for a location, just touch the test light probe to the fuse at it's test hole with key on & off to find one that's powered when you want your lights on.

(blade fuses have test holes at the top of each side, intended for checking for power at both sides of the fuse)

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,048 Posts
Haha you called Sailor a dude? Cracks me up...Anyway, not to get into a rant but this is a forum not google search. People specialized in this task you seek aren't on everyday and pop in a couple times a week. Or if no replies it gets buried from the new posts and people don't see it till you bump it.

To get them to turn on with the ignition, start by looking at your owners manual. You should know from driving what it only on when you turn the key.

Take a test light as Roger (Sailor) says and just poke the fuses to see what it hot and whats not.

Since they don't draw much power you can connect to them to anything you would like. Just go to the store and purchase an "Add-A-Fuse" and add it to the fuse that is hot. Wire your halo's in and call it a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts