Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I see these style headlights all over Ebay, and I need to be sure that the two lights on the left are turn signals.

Halos

thanks!

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
you can wire them up to be anything you want, or use the blue leds....

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
^^ Agreed. I have a pair. You can wire them for whatever your heart desires

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought these headlights last night, and what I might do is just go and buy some silverstar HID bulbs for them. I haven't seen halos that actually come with HID bulbs though.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Just an FYI...

Any color OTHER than yellow for turn signals is illegal. And the po po might look down on someone who has flashing blue lights on the front of their car.

Might want to wire up the LED's just to come on when your halo's are on. I'm wiring mine up to my running lights.

·
Registered
329 Posts
So if I wire the two bulbs on the left to be my turn signal could get rid of the ones in the grill

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CWBoarder691 said:
So if I wire the two bulbs on the left to be my turn signal could get rid of the ones in the grill
That's my plan once I get them...if I'm able to figure out the wiring...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have my purple halos wired up with my amber turn signals. I asked a sherrif to look at the set up and tell me wether he would mess with some one with these lights. He said that they are fine as long as i have an amber set set signals.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Mr. Bill said:
That's my plan once I get them...if I'm able to figure out the wiring...
Shouldn't be too hard. I plan on removing the stock turn signal harness and just using those wires to tap into the new wires on the turn signal lamps. I have liquid electrical tape. I'm just going to use quick connects and seal them up against moisture with the liquid tape.

I did the same thing with my fog light wires when I installed an SVT front bumper on my ZTS. Works fine.

The middle wire on the stock turn signals are for running lights. You could probably wire that up as a hot wire for the halos and LED's and use the return wire on the same harness.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I asked the same question in a thread earlier.

The 4 LED's and the top left light are running lights.
The bottom left light is the directional.

The reason is that the top left bulb is an LED just like the 4 across the top. and They do not draw enough energy so you car will think that the bulb is burnt out and it will blink really fast.

I am still considering buying these I'm not sure yet, but if I do I'm going to use the bottom left and the four LED's across the top as the directionals, and the top left as a running light, I'll probly put a hyper white bulb it to make it stand out from the directionals. Also I'm going to do the mod where you snip the third wire and the directionals only come on when you are using them.

You could wire these up any way you want.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So you can actually get HID's in that circular HALO style? I have never seen them like that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
So it is possible to have the LEDS and the halos as your runing lights and have the two bulbs on the left as turns?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts