will be living in colorado springs as of dec 18

·
PiddlesaurusRex
4,453 Posts
im currently in the Grand Junction area, mmmhm

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
how well does our vehicles handle the snow fall in this area cause ive heard i will encounter plenty of snow where im going.

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
i have military training on how to drive. and im coming with brand new all season tires snow tires dont exist in my state

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
im coming toward colorado from the east coast will i have problems with closed roads along the way

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the forums and the best state. Colorado! Yeah, you'll see snow. I run all-weather tires through the winter, but there's not much traffic in my corner of the state. SE. Check the Colorado State Patrol website for road closings or Colorado Dept. of Transportation(CDOT).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello, I am new to these forums. Bought the ZX3 SE yesterday.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome to you as well

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
[welcome] to all CO newbies!

We need to do a G2G sometime soon.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Its hard.. for some reason everyone in CO wants to do a g2g but everyone has their own lives :/ im excited for focus fest this year.

But we should all do a g2g!

·
Registered
348 Posts
how well does our vehicles handle the snow fall in this area cause ive heard i will encounter plenty of snow where im going.
Little late to this, but you'll be fine.

As you may have found out already, we're lucky in COS if the snow stays on the roads for more than a few hours.

·
Registered
308 Posts
As long as u have good snow tires, you can handle snow really good. I usually have my summer rims and winter rims(stock with snow tires), but I got my sport springs put on with my winter rims and I want to see them with my 17" really bad!

Does anyone else run summer/winter switches?

·
Registered
577 Posts
i will be once i get back home!

·
Registered
47 Posts
As long as u have good snow tires, you can handle snow really good. I usually have my summer rims and winter rims(stock with snow tires), but I got my sport springs put on with my winter rims and I want to see them with my 17" really bad!

Does anyone else run summer/winter switches?
With my other cars I did switch. I have the snow tires on the focus now and I think the car still handles bad in the snow. Granted the snow tires are almost 4 years old now. I have only owned the car since January 3rd though so I'm still not used to it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
the only problem is like anyother FWD vehicle.... once u start going up a steep hill with ice, then ur in bad shape. Thats the only trouble I've ever had in the snow, but other then that it takes a bit to get used to as well as good snow tires. If anything you could get studs installed into ur tires, but im not sure how it handles with them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts