Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its hailing the size of marbles!!!!
this is weird, considering, its been HOTT at 100 degrees

and now rain and thunder and lightning!!

OMGness!!

(:)

But does anyone running around in the rain? with FSwerks CAI?
does it flood the engine?
should I drive at low RPMs so my car doesnt suck up too much water

2009 Coupe Se Vista
3D Carbon euro 4 piece body kit
Fswerks CAI, Exhaust no resonator
H&R Coilovers

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
rain shouldnt hurt anything. there was a water line break in a street i drove down yesterday. the street was a little flooded but nothing i couldnt drive through... slowly of course. if u travel in deep enough water (i hope you dont ever try) then it'll ...hydrolock i think its called?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rain shouldnt hurt anything. There was a water line break in a street i drove down yesterday. The street was a little flooded but nothing i couldnt drive through... Slowly of course. If u travel in deep enough water (i hope you dont ever try) then it'll ...hydrolock i think its called?
thanks i appreciate it

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
As long as the water is under the your front bumper, you'll be fine..

·
Registered
318 Posts
This weather is just ridiculous, but I got to admit todays weather is great compared to a couple ofdays ago. and no dude just do your normal driving you will be okay, just avoid fast acceleration while there is puddle of water and you wil be good.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
sounds like Texas weather!
LMFAO I know right?!

its hailing the size of marbles!!!!
this is weird, considering, its been HOTT at 100 degrees

and now rain and thunder and lightning!!

OMGness!!

(:)

But does anyone running around in the rain? with FSwerks CAI?
does it flood the engine?
should I drive at low RPMs so my car doesnt suck up too much water
Unless it's raining cats and dogs, puddles, or freeway driving during rain I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have a FSWerks CAI and it CAN start to suck up water in the before mentioned situations. I would suggest keeping the rpms lower in those situations. I have found under 3K to be fine, but I did get close to hydrolock once while it was pouring down while on the freeway. Got home and grabbed ahold of the filter and it was leaking water out because of how wet it was. I was lucky that day fo sho.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
El Paso is weird for hail when it is hot. Last summer it was 110 then suddenly it started raining, then hailing almost golf ball sized hail. I wouldnt even bat an eye at marble sized hail but it still is weird to see for some.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks my brothas i appreciate everything you have told me and i say GO TEAM!!!
<3

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
I just installed my FSWerks CAI today. I don't see how it can suck up water unless you are in a puddle where the water level is at the fog light's level.
The front bumper cover protects the front and the bottom has a splash shield and the back has the wheel well cover. Though the bottom back has an opening but if traveling forward the water wont come in that way

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
It's more like water spray from the car in front of you will get up on it and then it sucks it up, it's what almost happened to me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts