Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Storm came through last night and I got some hail damage on my roof and hood. Didn't see it until it dried off and I got it out into the sun. Will have to check the Acura when I get home. [mecry] On the plus side, I have $50 deductible on my comprehensive insurance.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
that sucks on a brand new car. At least it will not cost you to much if your insurance covers the damage.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sheesh, what a bummer.

[rant]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is hail damage even fixed? Lots of PDR?
I hope they can use Paintless Dent Repair. I have two cars with damage, both new. So I will probably know a lot about it when they are finished.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yes a friend does PDR and they travel the region to handle massive dent repair when it happens here in the northeast. PDR will get it fixed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Texas Lead the US in Hail storm's. Hope you never see 4 inch hail balls it really trashes cars.
My family lives in Oklahoma City, last year a hail storm hit that damaged houses, breaking windows and siding. It also pounded the roof of cars down like they had turned over. My night wasn't nearly that bad, just a dozen or so dimples, no broken glass.

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hail Damage Repaired

Took my car in on Wednesday and got it back Friday. The paintless dent repair was $2,400. They took off the headliner, the head and, tail lights, and replaced one of the plastic strips on the roof. There were dents in the hood, roof, doors, and tailgate.

I don't think the Acura MDX that was parked next to the Focus has nearly as much damage, stronger steel? Should be since it cost twice what the Focus did.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Phew, I'm glad you are back up and running. Did they do a good job?

I bet you hope that doesn't happen again anytime soon! At least the low comprehensive deductible helped take a little of the edge off.

That's an interesting fact about your Acura. I suppose it makes sense.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They seem to have done an excellent job. I can't tell where any of the dings were.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts