Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2016 Mk3 SE flex fuel. It's the best looking daily I've ever owned, but it's also my least favorite car I've ever owned. I'll talk more on that in a moment.

Cars I've owned up to this point:
2002 Nissan Sentra GXE - manual
2003.5 Mazda Protege5 - manual
1976 Plymouth Fury - automatic

I sold the Plymouth and Mazda to make a down payment on this Focus. Now to touch on this car. Named the "Blue Turd" after Mighty Car Mods.

My biggest issue is it's hesitation when starting from a full stop. It doesn't seem to wheel hop. It feels more like it's fighting itself. Like it's overcorrecting it's initial lurch. I'm not mechanically inclined so I don't know how to fix it. A tune maybe? Mustang throttle body and removing the snorkel?

Also I'm 6' with long legs. I find it hard to get comfortable in my car. When I get the seat to where I'm comfortable I can't pull the steering wheel far enough to get to me. I'd like to extend it without losing my steering wheel buttons. Any advice?

One more thing. I drive dirt roads every week and I'm tired of weaving through the dirt lot I work at just to get to my truck. I'd love to lift my car, but I'm not ready to jump on the Red Devil lift kit yet. Are there other options out there?

Really the only mods I have so far are the K&N filter replacement, Kurt trailer hitch, aftermarket fog lights, and Rhino Rack roof rack. I intend on adding a light bar to the rack later. My reasoning for that is the roads to my girlfriend's house are LITTERED with deer. I've upgraded the bulbs in my car, but even the high beams don't cover it for me. My Nissan had WAY better light coverage.

So hey. That's my intro! If you have any suggestions or advice I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,204 Posts
Just a little update! Deleted the snorkel. Took the top off of the air box. It helped bring a little life into the car! Also bolted the lights in. They're not wired yet. I'm not risking messing up my daily. I'll get them wired in when I add the light bar.
Nice. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another update! I went on to the Tail of the Dragon with a small Focus group. I learned a lot about my car and got some great pointers on how to make it better. It seems people like the rally look I'm going for!

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I feel like a debadge on your car would look great, if you're into the clean look. Also is this a 5 Speed or DCT?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts