Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was raining all day in my area and it has been fine since today as far as this issue goes but I went to get in my car after work and I had a good inch of water just floatin aroung in my passenger side floor. What the hell caused that??? no signs of the side of the carpet wet or roof or trunk was not leaking? any ideas?? what to check?

·
Registered
106 Posts
It was raining all day in my area and it has been fine since today as far as this issue goes but I went to get in my car after work and I had a good inch of water just floatin aroung in my passenger side floor. What the hell caused that??? no signs of the side of the carpet wet or roof or trunk was not leaking? any ideas?? what to check?
ummm h20? are you talking about a honda motor? did you put one in your focus ????

oh you meant h2o...

ummm... well try taking a hose and spraying all around the car, look inside to find where the leak is coming from, and then seal it?

common sense?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I will but it wont stop raining here for me to check, and was all that extra crap needed you said??lol?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Make sure the cowl, just ahead of the windshield on passenger side, is sealed against the glass. That is where the fresh air intake to your HVAC system is.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure the cowl, just ahead of the windshield on passenger side, is sealed against the glass. That is where the fresh air intake to your HVAC system is.
anyone got any pics of this? so I know 100% what im looking to check?

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
ummm h20? are you talking about a honda motor? did you put one in your focus ????

oh you meant h2o...

ummm... well try taking a hose and spraying all around the car, look inside to find where the leak is coming from, and then seal it?

common sense?
yes, by all means continue with this attitude and Ill see that your time on here is short-lived.

now as far as the leaks, there are two possibilities and known issues with first Gen foci. The cowl or something around it (can't remember exactly) warps and lets water into the passenger foot well. the other issue is a clogged or broken drain tube from the sunroof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts