Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done at the dealer where I got the car. They did t blow me off like Romano Ford in Fayetteville NY.

I was expecting the dash, change in the door, to stop rattling along with the steering wheel to stop shaking. And I was hoping the car would stop "growling".

I'm surprised at how much was fixed! All of the above! The car idles soooooo smooth, I can't even hear the engine in normal driving any more and the engine doesn't seem to bounce around; taking off from stoplights is so much different and better.

Glad I was able to get this warrantied. I'll buy and replace in a other 40k miles as maintenance.

Now for a poly dogbone mount!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,474 Posts
According to the one dealer it "wasn't" bad and Focuses just vibrate.
Man, all it takes is one person to mess it up & not check or know. Glad you find one that cares & to the time to figure it out.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, all it takes is one person to mess it up & not check or know. Glad you find one that cares & to the time to figure it out.[thumb]
The dealer that Fixed it is Skinner and Damulis. My family has been doing business with them since the 80s.

I bought the car there. However, I live 1.5 hours away so I wanted to go to one close by ... who claimed to have never heard of a bad motor mount on a Focus. The service manager here pretty much said failed motor mount before I get the words focus cabin vibrations. Very satisfied.

I know I'm going to start the thing at a stop light because I think it stalled haha

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
With mount issues being the most common single item discussed here, you can be sure any Dealer employee would be familiar unless the turkey just started yesterday.

Witness the response from the second you talked to about it.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer wasn't sure how it could have been missed.

Oh well!

Now to order a poly dogbone mount! I think it may be bad anyway. And at some point I'll have to figure out a way to hook a battery up to the cigarette lighter so I can pull the battery out and look at the passenger mount.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's PSM?

The fluid filled passenger side motor mount.

On a side note ... I feel like I need to relearn how to drive my car again. It really feels different.

I just ordered the massive lower mount. It's $30 less than the others (I am aware it's an OE mount with new solid bushings) and thats what I like!

Will be until Thanksgiving until I can get it in

·
w/ my magic bag
29,474 Posts
The fluid filled passenger side motor mount.

On a side note ... I feel like I need to relearn how to drive my car again. It really feels different.

I just ordered the massive lower mount. It's $30 less than the others (I am aware it's an OE mount with new solid bushings) and thats what I like!

Will be until Thanksgiving until I can get it in
Awesome you'll love it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have to bring mine in to a dealer, since I still have the warranty. It's got a pretty heavy vibration during idle and at speeds above 50... enough for me to not only feel it when sitting at a light, but visually I can see my passenger seat back vibrating.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just hope they fix it if it's warranty and not try to give me a line about the modifications I've done and say that those void the warranty. First I gotta have my struts & shocks installed, and then I'll try to get it in the shop.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,474 Posts
I just hope they fix it if it's warranty and not try to give me a line about the modifications I've done and say that those void the warranty. First I gotta have my struts & shocks installed, and then I'll try to get it in the shop.
Take it in as asap.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,474 Posts
So pre shocks & struts?
yup, just roll in & honk the horn for customer service & tell them to get it handled, while you wait in the customer lounge drinking their coffee & eating donuts. If their not done by noon, there should be soup & sandwiches there.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have a new passenger side mount, I am ordering the massive lower mount this week, should I be concerned with the driver side mount?
It's not hydraulic like the passenger side. Just rubber. How many miles are on your car? If you've got over 100k it might be worth it to just replace it since you're already doing the other ones.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts