Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to use my nav. this morning and no map! It has been working great up to today but could not get directions or a map to come up. Everything else worked fine.
Called Ford Customer Service and this is what we tried:

1) Pull sd card out and wait 30 second and put it back in
---DID NOT WORK
2) gO TO MENU/SETTINGS/SYSTEM REST
----This worked, took about 10 minutes to reset
----then had to re-pair phone to sync

They said Ford will be sending another update out at the end of this year, i currently have the latest update being my car was built during October production.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Happened a couple times to me. But it came back after pulling the card a couple times. maybe i didn't wait long enough. Other then that, not too many issues with it. But, am looking forward to the update.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Happened a couple times to me. But it came back after pulling the card a couple times. maybe i didn't wait long enough. Other then that, not too many issues with it. But, am looking forward to the update.
Welcome to the rest of us![bigcry]

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm really hoping the update will address the nav system in a meaningful way.I don't know how more useless it could be than in its present state. I've never used it successfully using voice input, and it's extremely unreliable when I use the keypad.
Today, I tried to use it twice - the first time, to my surprise, it worked properly. The second time, it wouldn't accept Iowa City as a city in Iowa. In fact, it said there were no cities in Iowa starting with "I".
This is my third vehicle navigation system and it's far and away the worst of the bunch. Come on, update!

Gary

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm really hoping the update will address the nav system in a meaningful way.I don't know how more useless it could be than in its present state. I've never used it successfully using voice input, and it's extremely unreliable when I use the keypad.
Today, I tried to use it twice - the first time, to my surprise, it worked properly. The second time, it wouldn't accept Iowa City as a city in Iowa. In fact, it said there were no cities in Iowa starting with "I".
This is my third vehicle navigation system and it's far and away the worst of the bunch. Come on, update!

Gary
all I have to sqy is "AMEN"

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I had the same symptoms with my Nav system yesterday. A message saying no SD card was found for the Nav. I simply push it out then slide it back and everything was back again. I don't have any idea why it did this, being the first time in 1 month and a half of ownership.
P.S. I also experienced 2 times no MFT booting at startup, I only drove my car as always (without music though) and in about 3 minutes the MFT rebooted without a problem (after doing its maintenance thing).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the same symptoms with my Nav system yesterday. A message saying no SD card was found for the Nav. I simply push it out then slide it back and everything was back again. I don't have any idea why it did this, being the first time in 1 month and a half of ownership.
P.S. I also experienced 2 times no MFT booting at startup, I only drove my car as always (without music though) and in about 3 minutes the MFT rebooted without a problem (after doing its maintenance thing).
Hopefully the year end updates will solve some of the many issues out there.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I had the same symptoms with my Nav system yesterday. A message saying no SD card was found for the Nav. I simply push it out then slide it back and everything was back again.
Yeah, I've had this a couple of times in four months. A simple eject and reinsertion of the card has worked (at least thus far).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts