Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving from Walmart when I heard a knocking so as soon as I got home I checked the dip stick and noticed there was no oil!!!! I put fresh oil and its knocking extremely loud!!!!! I need a new motor. Or do u think its possible to take it apart and rebuild it since the engine didn't seize? Would it be cheaper to buy another motor or rebuild? Help me out here please. I'm pulling out my hair!! :(

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
but not alot of money, lol.

probably spun a rod bearing. pull the oil pan and windage tray, the pull the caps off the rods/mains one by one to see if the cranks scored or gouged, if the crank is good probably just need to take it to a machine shop have them re-finish the crank and install the proper sized bearings.

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Where did the oil go?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did the oil light come on?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im just trying to go the cheapest route. I have a high house payment

·
Banned
210 Posts
My girlfriends car in Austin did the same thing. Checked oil a couple days before, then all of a sudden BAM lots of oil gone and knocking.

If you've got SVT performance parts for sale, I could purchase some from you to help fund your repairs.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
go to massive speed get longblock 3500 this way you will have a bettet stronger bottom end
so 3500 for it all? Focus-power has one for the same price right? is one better than another?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wonder if my head is damaged? I hope not!!! how fast would they mess up without oil?

·
Registered
209 Posts
you could pull the valve cover off and pull the cams to to check for scoring on the bearings and cam. Not as much force on the cams like the crank but if there was no oil at the crank then the cam's didn't have any either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts