Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so when i bought my car used it came with a Ractive Short Ram intake. I went to go put it on today and after i got all my stock stuff off i realized that it was just not going to fit. So i put the tools down and went inside to look on the computer and noticed that it would fit if my throttle body was further to the right and stright up and down, but the SVT one is left of the engine and at an angle. So after all of this i end up putting all my stock stuff back on and walking away very disapointed lol. My question is do SVT and regular ZX3's have differently placed throttle bodies? meaning are there different sized short rams for each?

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
they are different. The SVT has a different intake manifold.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought so. K thanks looks like i need to go buy one now

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
The SVT intake manifold is different as we have a dual-stage intake with runners that switch from long to short for better low-end power and better top on respectfully. Seems you just got a normal zetec intake then as the normal ones come off the top instead of the the side at an angle like the SVT's.

·
Registered
784 Posts
you could just take the CAI filter and slip it on the end of the MAFS housing, thats how i have mine. does the same thing as a SRI. just an idea for you.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Yep, the SVT is at an angle and the Zetec basically sticks straight up.

I'm sure you could modify what you have to fit the SVT.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
SVT has a larger TB also if I am not mistaken.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts