Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah the title says it. i loaned out my baby to my dad and he wanted to play while he was out. long story short he slid into a telephone pole causing no damage except for a nice little chip in the paint on the front bumper. it is about 5 inches in diameter and there is no paint there at all. any cheap fixes for covering up big things like that or should i use this as an excuse to buy a body kit and get that painted instead?

·
Registered
433 Posts
That big would take a lot of work to try and touch up. If it is that big and there is no paint it is going to be very hard to "touch it up" good enough to make it look like it never happened. Truth of the matter is that it may just not be possible to make it look like it was never hit with out repainting the bumper.

That being said, IF(strongly recommended in my opinion) you decide to have the bumper painted, its not that it would have to be replaced. Doesn't sound like the bumper is damaged, so painting the bumper would probably be a $100-$200 fix, so i don't know if that justifies a body kit. But thats your choice ;)

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
if he is paying for it then i say get the kit if you have to pay for it then get it painted

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
This is more of an exterior body thread, let me just go ahead and move that for you......

If you are looking for a budget DIY repair, you could use some filler primer to make the chip level to the rest of te paint on the bumper, san it down, then get a rattle can color matched and try to blend it in.
The only way to do it right is to bring it to a shop and have it proffessionally done, if you don't have skills/tools/location to do the work yourself.
Or it just might be body kit time.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found a type Q 9 peice wide body kit $150. looked it up on internet for pics. looks kickass. so it drove out and bought it. and its FIBERGLASS.
crap

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah, you got to watch those telephone poles.
Sometimes they just jump out in front of you.
just kidding.

Im glad your dad wasn't hurt.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
jesus i almost had a unexpected meeting with a telephone pole couple weeks back....it was one of those hills and sharp turn type of roads...well apperently it was a little slippery out and i was going too fast cause when i was coming off the peek of the hill, i lost traction and was going straight towards a pole, luckily i wasnt going stupidly fast cause i just hit the brakes and the front tires caught traction and cont'd in the turn...
good thing because i love my car and never would forgave myself

anyway im glad to hear yours didnt turn out to anything major...get her fixed up and tell ur dad to buy u better tires [thumb] lol

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
dad's fault, so make him pay for the paint either way. Also, have him buy the body kit since christmas is coming up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts