Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Any wireless transmissions that are not encrypted can be easily sniffed. Then the hackers need only find which bytes are the actual control bytes in the captured packets. A little trial and error and whamo, the alarm system is now useless along with keys.

The good news is just about all of these problems can be fixed by simply encrypting the data and entire transmission. Hackers are usually the ones responsible for forcing security upgrades on all kind of equipment.

·
Registered
671 Posts
How is this any different than a regular car jacker stealing a non-keyless entry car? lol if someone wants to steal your car they're going to no matter how.

·
Registered
495 Posts
How is this any different than a regular car jacker stealing a non-keyless entry car? lol if someone wants to steal your car they're going to no matter how.
lol true.....it makes it easier? maybe less stabbing?

·
Registered
671 Posts
def a time saver lol but unless it totally disables the alarm system AND turns on the car in the process I wouldn't be to worried about it. :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
This would be scary to me if it wasn't for the fact that most people breaking into cars are total morons. If James Bond is going to steal my car I won't be able to do much about it but the average hood rat is gonna smash my window with a crowbar no matter what car I drive. It is pretty neat though, maybe these people can just hack myford so that I get free nav. I could get behind something like that.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Good point but it does eliminate the evidence of breaking and entering a vehicle. Makes it look like you gave the thief you're keys. Insurance companies are usually looking for those normal telltale signs of forced entry but in this case there is none.

Some burglars just wanna steal what is inside your car. Now they can simply open your door and take what they want and then leave. Try explaining to the insurance company that your car was hacked.

·
Registered
134 Posts
not really scary at all... if someone is going to go through the trouble of all that, they can have it..lol.... plus i would think if they had the brains and ability to do all that, they would have the brains to steal something better than a Focus

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts