Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've been scouring google for an answer. And all i can find is how one's brighter than the other.

All I want to know is, can an h4 HID from TDM fit into mach HID housings? It's an HID bulb, i know the machs take d2s bulbs, i'm wondering why the exact same bulb with a different name wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
621 Posts
It's because the base is different the bulb us still a d2s but it's exactly what they call it rebased. Go to ther retrofit source and get a phillips bulb from them.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Or the 5k 35w d2s bulbs they carry and clear lenses like I did

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay! I understand that. So where would I look for some bright ass blue ones? I want sick light output but also an overdose of blue.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Okay! I understand that. So where would I look for some bright ass blue ones? I want sick light output but also an overdose of blue.
Output goes down the higher you go up the Kelvin scale.

I'd recommend you put clear 3" lenses. Your cutoff will be sharper, output will be better, and you would have a huge band of blue at the top of your cutoff. So that way you get the best of both worlds, sick output, and with lots of color.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Output goes down the higher you go up the Kelvin scale.

I'd recommend you put clear 3" lenses. Your cutoff will be sharper, output will be better, and you would have a huge band of blue at the top of your cutoff. So that way you get the best of both worlds, sick output, and with lots of color.
Where would i get that? and i'm looking for 8k or 10k 35w OR a super bright 55w setup

·
Registered
621 Posts
4300k is brightest. I myself have 5k and it's pure white. But you have a sharp blue cutoff

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Theretrofitsource.com

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would like to add. Here in Canada the ford dealer was very unhelpfull. While getting my regularily scheduled oil change, I inquired with the parts counter about how much does ford sell its D2S bulb. The guy would not give me a straight answer and wanted my car info so he can look it up in his computer. I told him it is not specific to my car, but it is ford equipment and its properly installed in my car. He was still persistant to ask for the year and make/model, so I gave him the info. He says he found the hid bulb in the system, comes back with a "HALOGEN" Bulb, says its the right bulb. Luckily me, I had a printout from the net of what a proper D2S bulb looks like and showed it to him, and said im not accepting anything that does not look like this picture. The guy insisted the ford manual said thats the correct one, so I insisted he was an idiot.

I gave up and was ready to leave when another gentleman was asking about hid replacement bulbs for his Lincoln, and the guy was going to look them up in his computer. I could have stayed and listened for the part number but I was extremely frustrated and fed up by this point I gave up. Does anyone know the Ford Part number for the hid bulb? I mean D2S is a part number for the bulb itself, but what does ford list them as internally? they must list them since their lincoln uses them? I bet if i told the guy i had a lincoln and gave the part number he would be able to find them for me in a jiffy? what the heck is wrong with ford?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to add. Here in Canada the ford dealer was very unhelpfull. While getting my regularily scheduled oil change, I inquired with the parts counter about how much does ford sell its D2S bulb. The guy would not give me a straight answer and wanted my car info so he can look it up in his computer. I told him it is not specific to my car, but it is ford equipment and its properly installed in my car. He was still persistant to ask for the year and make/model, so I gave him the info. He says he found the hid bulb in the system, comes back with a "HALOGEN" Bulb, says its the right bulb. Luckily me, I had a printout from the net of what a proper D2S bulb looks like and showed it to him, and said im not accepting anything that does not look like this picture. The guy insisted the ford manual said thats the correct one, so I insisted he was an idiot.

I gave up and was ready to leave when another gentleman was asking about hid replacement bulbs for his Lincoln, and the guy was going to look them up in his computer. I could have stayed and listened for the part number but I was extremely frustrated and fed up by this point I gave up. Does anyone know the Ford Part number for the hid bulb? I mean D2S is a part number for the bulb itself, but what does ford list them as internally? they must list them since their lincoln uses them? I bet if i told the guy i had a lincoln and gave the part number he would be able to find them for me in a jiffy? what the heck is wrong with ford?
Dealerships in general will charge you for the part based on year make and model, not the part itself. An HID replacement bulb through the dealer is cheaper if you bought it for a newer civic instead of a newer escalade. Older example would be the engine parts on a Lexus sc300 and a Toyota supra

Auto zone sells d2s bulbs now, they're like 100 a piece though, still cheaper than the dealership

·
Registered
394 Posts
i ended up getting a set of brand new 5000k D2S bulbs from a friend of mine for $50 bucks Canadian. rather than from the dealer, it was
easier [unquote] than trying to get ford to help. ford was completely unhelpfull.

Never heard of auto zone but found some mechanic shops here selling hids for about 70-100 bucks, got it cheap and im happy. it was a b**ch changing the bulb on the drivers side, the battery is in the way so u gotta take the headlight out first to take the covers off, [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ty i know but it worked

·
Registered
621 Posts
Retrofit source sells the oem philips bulbs for 80 a pair and are the usual the 200 buck a bulb philips sold at the dealers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts