Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one is gonna be the stiffer coilover? I want my car lowered right around 2" and both are capable of that and seem to be the only option for my '06. The Vogtlands are slightly cheaper, but both are made and built in Germany. It seems coilover is the obvious choice to go for the best suspension setup. I also looked at sportline springs with tokico shocks and struts, but for the money a coilover would be best im assuming. i also need to know if raising the suspension for winter and lowering it again in summer is bad for the suspension? if i think of any more questions i'll post them here! Opinions! and suggestions for suspension components i do not know are out for the '06. I checked the suspension thread but its aimed more towards '00-'05. thanks guys!

·
Banned
894 Posts
I bought the Vogtland coilovers and they wont fit. The only thing that does fit is the rear spring perches and the springs. It is really weird because all of the part numbers match up to what Vogtland says they should be. I ordered them from F2 and Ricardo is supposed to be in contact with Vogtland to get this problem solved, he says we should have something figured out this week.

That being said, I would go with H&R since it is known that they fit. Also, I did searches here and on FJ and there was not many people that are using the Vogtland coilovers.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Raising the ride height for winter and lowering it when things get nicer won't hurt anything, but you'll have to get an alignment every time you change it. I recommend Firestone's lifetime alignment (for the cost of 2 individual ones) if there is one close to you.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
A bunch of suspension manufacturers missed the 06 US update and list the same part number for the earlier suspension. Massive Speed Systems sells their "Omni" kit which allows the earlier suspensions to fit the later models. Check into it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats a good idea, but for an extra $100 seems a little pointless. basically that opens up the option of going with the eibach sportlines for about $600 bucks. Other than that i don't really gain that many options. FRPP has an 06 kit, H&R, Vogtland, and eibach does make springs with tokico shocks and struts. I like the eibach kit but i dont think its all that stiff if i'm right, and its not adjustable at all. any good options for the 00-05 focus that would be worth the extra $100 bucks?

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Well, as for the ride comfort, I went with H&R's on my 08'. The ride was a little harsh at first, not bone shattering but you felt the bumps. Then I installed a FS rear stress bar and much to my delight that bar noticeably smoothed out the ride.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
massive sells it for 129.00 plus shipping, i put 5k miles on it. still have the original box and every thing for it. i would sell it for say 80 plus shipping? let me know if ur interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts