Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have H&R lowering springs and Garageline spacers on my focus. I am very happy with the results that these simple mods have given me. The spacers are 20mm in the front and 25mm in the back. Fitment looks beautiful.

I definitely wouldn't mind the front being a tad bit lower though. Please feel free to ask any questions about the install and everything if need be.

·
Registered
2012 Focus Ti
6 Posts
Very tight, those look dope! At that height would you need to change it for the winter? I would love a lower look like yours but reasonably capable all year round

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very tight, those look dope! At that height would you need to change it for the winter? I would love a lower look like yours but reasonably capable all year round
I haven't gone through winter yet, but I can't imagine it will be too horrible. Ill update the thread once we get some snow.

Reactions: IXDark

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking good! Did you install yourself? I see a set on FSWerks for a decent price. I want to lower my 18 Sedan, I've been looking at the Rev9 set but its about $400-500.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good! Did you install yourself? I see a set on FSWerks for a decent price. I want to lower my 18 Sedan, I've been looking at the Rev9 set but its about $400-500.
I did the install by myself. The set that I got was $225 for the entire set of lowering springs. I didn't go full coil over but I'm thinking about doing it in the future for added adjustability. I'm not sure which set I would go with personally. I got my lowering springs here: H&R Sport Springs for 2014-2016 Ford Focus SE - 28782-1 - 2016 2015 2014

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anything on the install to pass along? Can you get by doing it solo? I’d like to give it a shot, but I’d need a set of tools to compress the stock springs to uninstall them. My brother is also to available to help if needed.

I saw the CJ Pony vid and another on how to install lowering springs on an ST.“, didn’t look too difficult but there were a few parts that I felt might be challenging.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anything on the install to pass along? Can you get by doing it solo? I’d like to give it a shot, but I’d need a set of tools to compress the stock springs to uninstall them. My brother is also to available to help if needed.

I saw the CJ Pony vid and another on how to install lowering springs on an ST.“, didn’t look too difficult but there were a few parts that I felt might be challenging.
You could get by doing it solo. I had a few issues, mostly when it came to spreading the struts. I had another set of hands to help me but taking the front shocks out of my focus was a bitch. I used a pry bar to jam in between the strut base and I ran the bolt back into the pry bar to spread the struts to allow me to pull the shocks out. Other than that I would just make sure that you get the rear sway bar far enough out of the way to drop the rear springs enough to get them out. You can just rent a set of spring compressors for the front, i got mine from autozone. They gave me all my money back after I returned the tool, so it is essentially a free install. Whole install took me 6 hours, but I had a lot of running around to do during that time, so I'd say if it's your first time you could do it in 4. Now that I've done it once, I feel that it will be easy to do a second time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an update on winter drivability. After driving through some normal wisconsin winter weather I finally can say how it drives. Personally, I have not noticed anything that my car struggles with more as a result of the lowering. I have not been beached on any snow banks and haven't noticed any other drivability issues. I'm still loving the look and feel of my car on springs. The tires I have are Bridgestone Potenza 980 AS's (215/17/50). I think the biggest thing holding this car back in the winter is those tires. Although I love the summer performance of this compound, the winter performance leaves some to be desired. Eventually I'll have enough extra cash for a set of winter tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts