Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying the H&R Cup Kit and a few questions to ask? Is it worth the buy or would coil-overs be a better buy? If you have the Kit, do you have any troubles with it like scraping going up drive ways? Would I have problems if I put an aftermarket front bumper? Do I need to buy a camber kit? If so, do I need the front, rear, or both?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Talk to 'THEFRUSH' or check out the SHOWROOM threads on here as someone just installed a H&R cup kit and posted up some pics very recently (within the last couple days).

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
The kit that the person in the Showroom just installed is my old kit and let me tell you it is an AWESOME daily driver kit. I personally think that for a combination of handling, looks, quality, and price, it is the best kit you can get. Looks, well I mean, come on, it looks awesome! Handling, with the H&R rear bar, it rotated AMAZINGLY, the back end followed the front end, wherever I pointed it. And the price is extremely reasonable. I also did not need a camber kit to get my alignment specs back to stock after the drop. The only limitations is you will have to take steep driveways at an angle, no big deal, and it will limit any wheel/tire choices you make in the future if you want to avoid rubbing.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks thefrush for answering my question. When I bought my wheels/tires, the salesmen said that the tires I bought can handle any type of drop I was planning to do in the future. Would I be scraping if I bought the RS replica body kit from f2focus or the 98 RS collection front bumper? Everyone says the 98 RS collection front bumper sat pretty low. Thanks again ^^

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
My friend has the 98 RS Replica bumper with a 3" drop and no problems. The F2 widebody I think would give you some troubles as it already looks pretty low on AZ 05 Focus' car, and I don't think he even has a drop. And that salesmen was probably talking out of his ass, what size tires do you have?

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
What offset are they? That salesman made a bold statement, however, there are some huuuuuge drops, so he was wrong, unless he had some fine print involving rolling your fenders or something.

·
Registered
523 Posts
With my offset on my OZ Titans with the H&R Cup kit, I needed to get my fenders rolled, the damn tires were taking off paint. That being said, I absolutely LOVE my drop, however if you can afford coilovers, those will obviously be the way to go. Mmm... variable height and dampening control.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Don't forget about compensating for the change in suspension geometry. The H&R kit will definitely mask it, but a 2-3" drop is going to really screw with your handling unless you compensate for it.

A lot of cars with that kind of drop actually end up handling noticeably worse than before.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i had the H&R cupkit on my old ZX3 (non-SVT) and loved it. handling was great. i'd suggest buying it, especially for a daily drive. i never had any trouble w/ scraping. PM me if you'd like. you can also check out my Photo Gallery and i think there are pics of my old car w/ the H&R Cup Kit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts