Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was intrested in trying to find some H.I.D's for my car im looking at getting some projector headlights and have heard from several people that if you dont have H.I.D's then your just asking for sight problems.....
so i was woundering if anyone knows of a good sight to look up for a exact applacation of H.I.D conversion kit for my car that i can use high and low beems?[drinking]

·
Registered
141 Posts
i would go for Ebay. i had bought a set off of there for my rally car many moons ago and they endured many a rough time and lasted forever and were still running strong when i sold my car. You can find kits of all kinds on ebay with lots of information with conversions adn some sites sell special hardware for connecting. higher prices for a kit are around 250-300 and cheaper ones for 150. but really its all if they use good components in their ballasts. if you dont find the info there just google a site if you havent already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased mine through Speed Elements in SA TX. I bought the projectors off Ebay for 150, and the lights through Speed Elements. They are an H1 bulb and required only minor modifications. I didn't install but i am told it is pretty simple. The kit I bought from S E was 450. They are 8000k and look awesome behind the blue projectors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know the projectors im looking at are 250 and i found this web site cqlight.ca
and was woundering how authentic the kits are to the more exspensive ones?

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's not that projectors are a problem if you don't have HID.....it's the other way around.....HID lights are a problem if they aren't in projector housings.

The 'best' way is to get Mach headlights. It probably costs a little more than putting together something from separate components, but it just works properly.

ok i was intrested in trying to find some H.I.D's for my car im looking at getting some projector headlights and have heard from several people that if you dont have H.I.D's then your just asking for sight problems.....
so i was woundering if anyone knows of a good sight to look up for a exact applacation of H.I.D conversion kit for my car that i can use high and low beems?[drinking]

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know this is an old thread...but where can I find the Mach headlights? is there a website or something? I saw them on cardomain....sonicboosts Focus. I really like them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
They're available in the Ford Motorsports Racing catalog as a kit with the harness, but they're pricey with MSRP around $900. You can also check Ebay, the forsale section of forums...or contact one of the vendor sponsors who often give discounts on purchases.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Holy macarole! that's alot more than I wanted to spend. Is there another set that you would recommend that is less than half that price...or isthat unreasonable?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Why are those headlights so damn expensive? I like the headlights I bought and I think they were about $225 or $250, I don't remember.

·
Registered
24 Posts
what headlights did you get? cause that's the price range i was looking for?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just go into my picture gallery and you will see the headlights I have. It has a high beam and low beam. The low beam is a projector and it has two halos on each headlight. Never had a problem with them and I changed the halo to red. I installed HID's on both, the low beam is nice and the high beam is just so damn bright.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey looking to lend a helping hand i can get at cost a new set of mach hids for like 650 right from ford. from where i work at. let me know if this can help anyone

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
well if u go to ebay and sear for mks u will find plug and play kits for 150 shipped i used to have them on my projectors and they looked awesome...i had the 10k..now i sold the projectors and im gettin some 8k but on my stock headlights..

why is it a bad idea to run hid's on stock headlights?

·
Registered
7 Posts
HID bulbs burn a lot hotter than standard incandescents. The result is that the best you can hope for is melted headlight shrouds. However there have been several reports of the healdight housings and/or the wiring looms (from the increased current draw) catching on fire.

The moral is to just get headlight housings rated for HID's and a proper wiring kit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i also heard that when you put hids in stock headlight housings the light is spread wide and blinds everyone, where when you put them in the projectors they are a more straight bright beam

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah projectors, make the light look like a round beam of light, you could really see it if it is foggy out. The bad thing is that when they are in a projector they are not as bright.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts