Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am getting ready to install my JRSC with BBK tomorrow and I will have until Sunday to get it done.

Do you think that is enough time if something would go wrong with the install?

On step 44 the Oil cooler line is required to be rotated. Do I have to take off the oil filter to do this? I have only got 400 miles on my oil filter and 5w30 full sythetic mobile 1 oil. Can I do something wrong when rotating it? I am just kind of worried about messing something up dealing with the oil.

In step 67 it states to lube the O rings but it doesn't suggest what to use. I have never installed new injectors, should they just pop in when pushing on them or do I need to use a rubber mallet or something?

I planned on putting on a new belt tensioner, is this wise?

Anyone else got any helpful hints?

I plan on taking my time and doing it right but I don't want to take the chance of me turning the key over and it not starting...I feel confident I can do the work but there is always that thought in the back of my head that something will go horribly wrong, stripped manifold thread or something of that nature.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
well i can't help with much but i can tell you the injectors are easy, everything is really straight foward on them, just use some oil.

·
Registered
427 Posts
What tune are you going to have? It will be easy to install in two days, but the tune is the heart of they system, if its off the tiniest bit the car will run like shit.

1. No you dont have to take off the oil filter. Nothing you can do wrong just dont yank on it when rotating.
2. Injectors should pop in
3. New belt tensioner is wise. I did a new timing belt as well while everything was off.

Helpful tints - Are you doing this on a lift?
What kind of intake are you going to use?
If you take your cat off you will have a lot more room to work under there.
Follow this for your vac lines:

1. Hard plastic hose from Brake booster to bottom of Intake on big brass connector with provided 2' hose and clamps.

2. Metal PCV pipe (below coil) (20” hose) to center leg of T piece. Leave at back of firewall.

3. Connect 8” hose to 1 leg of T piece and connect to large fitting on TB inlet casting.

4. Connect 8” hose from last leg of T piece to large pipe on the Purge Valve (passenger side firewall).

5. Connect 16” hose from purge valve to small fitting on TB inlet casting.

6. From your pre-configured vacuum tree take 8” end and connect to Fuel Press Sensor (route below SC nose).

7. Take middle 6” hose and connect to fuel damper in center of fuel rail.

8. Take 11” pipe and connect to last fitting on TB inlet casting.

9. Blank off the second fitting on the back of the intake if you are installing a BBK. If not connect this fitting to the power card with the provided 30” hose. - I put my boost gauge here instead.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sending it in to have Ford put the BBK Tune on it. I have heard good reviews of it. I am going to run the factory air box.

I have access to a lift but I don't want to leave it in my friend's garage because I won't be able to drive it so I am going to just jack it up and put it on jackstands.

maybe the vac lines will make more sense when I have something in front of me.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yea the FR tune will work great if you use the stock airbox. You still have stock tb and cat? Its going to be a lot harder to do it on jackstands. I know when putting mine on I did a lot of stuff from underneath. Especially doing all the vac lines into the back of the manifold and into the brake booster. Also the bolts from the manifold will be a pain. Do you have all the special tools you will need? (Your going to need fuel hose removers)

·
Registered
148 Posts
PINACUP IS ON IT! You dudes make me proud as hell.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm not sure if you already have them, but you will need to change to colder spark plugs. I am using Denso ITV-22 plugs on my SVT, but I heard the Motorcraft plugs work well too and are cheap, Part # AZFS22C

BTW: If you haven't replaced your fuel filter, now is a good time.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it, I just have to run the vac hoses tomorrow and swap out the fuel filter. I sent my chip off today, anybody know how long it takes ford to retune it?

I did almost everything above the car and the back of my knees are killing me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The return was next day aired for me. It was back in two just like focalpointe. The minute i got it i sent it in. It was back before I had my new alternator bracket from JR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts