Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off I'm so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, just gotta used to this whole new app. Anyways. I just finished installing a new alternator on my new 04 focus PZEV. I tore it apart like 2 weeks ago because I had to go work and being extremely busy I couldn't get back @ it soon enough. After bolting the alt back I couldn't find a spot for this silver plate. Tried many ways and angles and I just don't seem to place it correctly. Should've taken some pictures but I completely forgot thinking I was gonna get back @ it the same day. Here's a pic of the plate. All I can recall is that it goes somewhere by the header I think. :(

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks like an alternator splash shield to me. If yes, this diagram might help you locate where it should go - it's the item marked in yellow. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Save it, put it on if you ever need an alt. again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like an alternator splash shield to me. If yes, this diagram might help you locate where it should go - it's the item marked in yellow. Cheers

Polygon you are AMAZING chief. I believe that's it. I know it kind of fit there, but I just wasn't able to get it in there. Thanx a million.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Save it, put it on if you ever need an alt. again.

That's actually what I'm doing right now. I'm like. "Man, I'm gonna save it and case I ever need an alter again, but then most likely when wifey stars cleaning she'll just toss it garbage and that's a no no. I know her.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Actually , once I built the garage, it is man land and stuff is left alone in there. It probably isn't critical and should be fine without it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Glad to be of help.

If I were you though, I'd put it back in as it protects the electrics and bearings of the alternator. A little bit of work now might give you years of trouble-free operation, especially if you tend to drive on wet roads or the coolant expansion tank is close by.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually , once I built the garage, it is man land and stuff is left alone in there. It probably isn't critical and should be fine without it.

Haha. I think we did merry the same woman. Lol. Well if it's just gonna be laying around there, then I might is well just try to put it back on with the map I was provided by the other chief here. Thanx tho.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to be of help.

If I were you though, I'd put it back in as it protects the electrics and bearings of the alternator. A little bit of work now might give you years of trouble-free operation, especially if you tend to drive on wet roads or the coolant expansion tank is close by.

Good Luck.

Thanx again polygon. Like the good'ol saying "better safe that sorry" once again million thanx.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts