Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some of you guess what my car's 1/4 mile time would be? Don't consider the driver, just what you think it would most likely run. Here are my mods:
1. Iceman Intake w/ add-on duct
2. Focus-Central 65mm throttle body
3. Ported 00' intake manifold
4. AFX UDP
5. Ford Racing 9mm sparks
6. Trubendz 2.5'' cat-back

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And if you could, guess my quarter mile time with my list of mods I have left to do.

Ford Focus Parts

Engine:
1. Ford Racing 9mm Plug Wires (Blue)-$36.95
2. AFX Underdrive Pulley-$105.00
3. Iceman Cold Air Intake with side duct (Black.)-$199.95
5. Focus Central 65mm Throttle Body (Black)-$239.00
6. Fidanza Cam Gears (Pair, Silver)-$189.95
7. Ford Racing Stage 1 Cams-$345.00
8. Ported Intake Manifold (MUST DO SOON)
9. Pro-Flow 70mm Mass Air Meter-$185.00
10. Energy Suspension Motor Mount Replacement Bushings-$17.95
11. Vortech Supercharger w/out aftercooler
TOTAL=$719.95 without forced induction
Exhaust:
1. Trubendz 2.5'' exhaust w/Borla tip-$295.00+$25.00 shipping
2. Trubendz 2.5'' Flexpipe-$155+$20.00 shipping
3. Kamikaze Race Header (hi-temp black coat or nickle plated finish)-$245.00 or $265.00
4. Oxygen Sensor Cheater-$35.00
TOTAL= $475
Drivetrain:
1. Steeda Tri Ax/F short shifter-$109.95
2. Clutchmasters Stage 3 Clutch-$508.00
3. Fidanza Silver Aluminum Flywheel-$439.95
4. Torsen differential
TOTAL=$2427.90
Exterior:
1. Euro Lower Grill-$29.95
2. Euro Upper Grill-$59.95
3. Clear Corner Lenses-$39.99
4. Carbon Fiber Hood
TOTAL=
Suspension/Handling:
1. Bridgestone Potenza RE950-$292.00
3. Apex Super Sport Springs Kit-$400.00
TOTAL= $

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking with what I have now I would be doing probably a 15.5-15.7, and with all of the mods I want I would be doing mid to low 13's.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i dunno i say the mods you got there you doing 16s mid 16.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
focaltech said:
With your current mods you will run approx high 15's.

You need to revise your mods list, its a mess.
Lol, what do you mean it's a mess? Those are the basic mods I was looking at and I did not put in tuning or anything but could you help make it less of a mess with giving me some input?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
First off, when will you have the money for all these mods?

Second I don't suggest getting the vortech kit non aftercooled.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, all those mods are not going to be done right away. I am slowy saving up for them. Right now I have $370 and I am going to buy the race header and then save up for the flex and keep on saving and buy more mods as more money comes. Oh, and I also forgot about Tom's MIC kit I think. But anyway, the vortech will be the hardest thing to save up for but I plan on getting a job once I finish my highschool bball season. Anyway, why not buy the vortech non-aftercooled?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Good driver, maybe high 15's 15.8 or so normally low 16's depending on traction, temp and skill...If you are buying the vortech def. get the cooled version, it will make a few more ponies and it will be less hard on the engine!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, it's been a while since I looked into the vortech superchargers, but if aftercooler is the same as intercooler with turbos, you won't want to skip out on one of those!

The way I understand this (and this might be a bit simplistic) is that once your blower starts spinning really fast, it gets hot, and when it gets hot, it heats the air it's sucking in and blowing out.

Hot air takes more spaces than cold air, so the amount of oxygen (or combustable goodies) you're packing into your engine decreases with the heat of the air, because then a smaller amount of air takes up more volume.

An aftercooler (or intercooler, the term I'm more used to) is basically a radiator which the air is pumped through, before it's sent to the engine, thus delivering cooler, denser, more combustible air to your engine. This means for you, more BHP, longer engine life, and a more consistent performance (since with a cooler you won't feel how the car starts losing power when the supercharger starts heating up).

Well, hope this explains a little something about cooling forcibly inducted air [:)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts