Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yup... I think it was me...

Got into an accident on Metro West Blvd. Both airbags deployed, crumpled the hood, snapped the tabs off of my Hella headlights, killed my grill, bent the front bumper and insert.... DAMMIT

I am okay though... but with the car only worth $6K and the damage being around $5500-6500... sheez

EDIT: Added pics:

·
Registered
788 Posts
holy ish, that sucks man, good thing you're ok though. But that really sucks for the car, sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
woot for insurence, sry 4 ur lost foci, glad ur ok!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Having wrecked more than one car... there's a reason their called "crumple zones", and as long as they let me walk away I can get another car... sorry to hear that your car is a loss, happy to hear that you're okay!

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
BOOO... Sorry to hear that... ST or SVT TIME!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess who totalled his car this morning? = Someone gets to upgrade.
It WAS upgraded...

SVT front bumper, hella headlights, JRSC w/BBK, SVT exhaust through to Borla center exit, CFM 65mm TB, SVT intake box and snorkel, SVT rear bumper, 5 speed swap with FRPP stage 1 clutch, clear corner lenses and grill turn signals, black billet ford emblems front and rear, SVT shocks and FRPP SPEC springs, 6 spoke 2004 SVT rims

Damn damn damn... good news is that, if they finish up on it real quick and DO total it... I found a EAP SVT 5 door here in town for $8300 (with recaros)... so not going to be totally out...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At this point I have mixed feelings:
50% - total the car so I can get the SVT EAP
50% - don't total my car, I am just getting it to where I want it!!!

I am angry at myself for not paying more close attention. Grrrr... had a nice ride going...

·
Registered
265 Posts
you want to sell or trade me your svt rear for my wings west avenger rear, or you could just sell it to me, my car is the same color as yours

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At this point, I have no parts to sell since the adjuster has not made an official report. I am waiting for the official "Totaled" statement before I move further

·
Something goes here
8,292 Posts
Man sorry to hear about that Mike [:(] your car has come along way from the frist time that I saw it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^^ Thanks Mike.

Got some news from the adjuster. It may be repairable, but with stock parts. I can pay the difference to get replacement SVT bumper and grill. But, the Hellas are damned near irreplacable.

If they don't total it, I may just go trade it in on that EAP SVT 5 door anyway. I am kinda soured on my car right now. I was going for SVT look/feel anyway...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hey I had an accident last year in my 07 Sedan... $8500 in damages or something within $500 of that... I wish they totaled it... mostly because it doesn't drive the same anymore and they had to straighten the frame and replace part of it... the whole back of the car was rebuilt... sorrya bout your car though it doesn't look TOO TOO bad though and glad yer OK... What happened in the accident anyway was it the other guy's fault?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The car in front of me reacted to the car in front of her stopping to a dead stop in the middle of the road for no apparent reason (3rd brake light out). I was about 1 car length away aroun 35-40 mph and slammed on my brakes. That was all she wrote... my car smacked into the back end of her car. The first car drove off and away.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick update... the car is NOT totaled...

Geico estimated the repair cost at $5,830 and I get to foot my $500 deductable on that.

Good news = my car will get fixed, and most likely will get an SVT bumper with fogs.
Bad news = my car will get fixed, so no SVT EAP, and headlights will return to stock, along with the grill

·
Something goes here
8,292 Posts
Thats good to hear the car is not totaled, but now the resale value is gone.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^^ You are correct, sir... resale has gone to poop... good thing I only owe $2500 on it

Updated news -- I am getting the SVT bumper and grill... however, headlights will be stock (they tried to get ahold of some of the HIDs, but no go)... Won't get it back until next Wednesday.

In the meantime, I am in a craptastic Nissan Sentra either 07 or 08, not sure which... but damn it sucks...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts