Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as you know I have a 06ZX4 sedan, i have the cloth seats, and i have been looking to upgrade from cloth to leather. I ended up finding a SVT with the euro apperance package, and I got the Recaro front and back seats. The airbag deployed out of the driver seat, but it only broke the seam, and can be stitched back to like new, and one of the bottom in the rear needs a little restitching aswell, but otherwise the seats are in great condition. Although I have a few issues, I have to figure out how to get the latching to work for the rear seats, as the svt and sedan ones are a little different.

Also, I maybe need some help with the fronts. The seats are heated and have power options for raising the seats, but my current seats are manual, I have the switches for the heating, but I need the center console panel to place them in, and I need to figure out how to wire them up without deploying the airbag in the passanger seat. Anyways if anyone know how to do this let me know.[headbang]

I need to take pics, I'll try tomorrow, I don't have them at my house right now , being I don't have a garage.

I may consider selling them or trading for sedan leather seats.

·
Registered
380 Posts
[cheers] Nice find :D dam i love those seats... hoping to get some myself.... Hey if ever u wanna sell em? :D u hooking up the heated option? and how much did u get them for if i may.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You will love them and the backseats are so so soft[limp] enjoy!

·
Registered
380 Posts
BTW i have all grey leather seats in my Zx5 IDK if it's same for sedan =P but they are in Excellent condition no kids no pets just sat on. :) Let me know if u looking to trade idk if they fit in your sedan im pretty sure it does but dont take my word for it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well now..I do plan on hooking up the heat seats and power functions if i can figure it out. Honeslty, if someone wants them, make me an offer before I go installing them, Right now the seats are at an upolstry shop being cleaned and stitched back up like new. What I really want is the Sedan Seats with the same quality leather, with maybe blue leather half back. I'll take a pic when I get them back, but boy they look nice. I'm going to get them back next week. I still have to figure out the latching issue in the back, and and the seat bottoms have a few extra hinges, so i have to make some mouting holes i guess.

But they are sick for sure.

Oh by the way, by the time I'm done they will have costed me about $600, atleast so far, i might need some stuff to make them work good like the wire harness for the seats, and latches for the back.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
600 buying them and having them fixed? you got a steal (I've seen them sell for a grand for just the fronts). It'll be worth it to for you buy a few things here and there to make them fit.....stock sedan leather seats don't compare AT ALL

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, you think i got a deal huh. okay, I still need to figure out the back latching issue though.

600 buying them and having them fixed? you got a steal (I've seen them sell for a grand for just the fronts). It'll be worth it to for you buy a few things here and there to make them fit.....stock sedan leather seats don't compare AT ALL

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got the center console bezel for the heat seats today, so I have that down now, but I still need to figure out the wiring, how to get power to them and all that.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
from what I have read, researching it, it seems to just be an on and off switch and the temp is controlled via thermostate in the seat.

·
Banned
263 Posts
5-speed?? if so feel around the bottom edge of the boot you will feel a plastic ring pop out the back first the front hooks under the edge.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
it depends....on some that part is molded on and others it comes off. If your car already has heated seats it should come off. I would take the console out and look at it from underneath to find the clips (if you can see them from underneath....I'm not entirely sure lol) your best bet though is trying to get the center console out of the car the seats came out of and just put that console in your car, or at least one that was in a car with heated seats

this might help you some?
http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49120

and yes, you got an ungodly good deal on those

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i already have the right bezel that goes around the gear shift, i'm just trying to take the old one off without wrecking it, and I'm figuring I might have to remove the entire console to do it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
you know what would like nice.....my Blue SVT seats in ur BLUE sedan and ur seats in mine. Id trade with you...wanna meet up somewhere so i can take a look at em?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well I'm getting the seats back from the upolstry shop today, so let me see how i like them, i think i'll just bolt them in for a bit to see if I'll keep them, i'm not too sure if i'm going to like the buckets seats, cause i had surgery on my lower back, and it could bother me. But maybe I'll trade you up or possibly trade and some cash. Send me some pics man of your seats, I don't remember what they looked like. l8tr, thanks for the interest.

you know what would like nice.....my Blue SVT seats in ur BLUE sedan and ur seats in mine. Id trade with you...wanna meet up somewhere so i can take a look at em?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts