Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have the car a week and the light goes on lol nice! [rant] here's the symptoms and when i throw it on a reader I'll know for sure.
2004 Pzev ZTS
32300 miles
I've driven less then 1000 miles before it came on.
The only major work recently performed was a new clutch. It's definitely not a clutch problem though.
The car runs fine but the idle is a little rough. It doesn't seem like gas mileage is suffering.
I noticed an exhaust rattle coming from under the driver's seat yesterday morning and then on the way home the CE light came on.

My guess is the exhaust rattle also rattled an 02 sensor loose or something of that nature. I can't get to a reader until a few days from now but it seems like the rocket will be fine until then.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if it's a bad cat then I know of an fs race exhaust in the for sale section that would fix that problem lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Add a header & tune!

well if it's a bad cat then I know of an fs race exhaust in the for sale section that would fix that problem lol
I'd tack on a header & tune since your there!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there any carb legal headers for the pzev though? I'm having a hell of a time finding carb lega stuff for this. I know the FIPK and cossie intakes are legal and fswerks has carb legal catback.
As for an update the engine light went off so it's definitely a sensor getting rattled. RPM's on idle are still up and down by about two to four hundred rpms.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Can't really say anything until the code is pulled.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The fsw exhaust systems do not remove the cat. They bolt on after the cat. To delete the cat you would need a header.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
No point in guessing. Just get it read.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fsw exhaust systems do not remove the cat. They bolt on after the cat. To delete the cat you would need a header.
so I reuse my second cat? I'm guessing so by the price.

As for the CE light it went out about 24 hours after it lit up. I'm still getting a little of that odd idle and some hesitation that feels like clutch slip but the clutch is brand new so yeah.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts