Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
To be honest I haven't thought about the type of lights much. I am not very thrilled over yellow. But I know that they are best for situations when in actual fog. I was hoping to go bright as possible but am also kinda leaning towards a slight blue-ish tint to them. Unsure. Add a little bit of variety to the lighting in the front.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Finally found time to get the harness done. This weekend I will install it and hopefully have some working lights!

Also I just purchased a new intake manifold, PCV Valve, PCV tube, and thermostat. Can't wait for that all to be installed.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thank you death_bomber!

Installed it yesterday but they didn't turn on. Today, during my lunch, I took a meter to check continuity and all was fine. I jumper'd pins 30 & 87 of my relay and the lights came on. Turns out pin 7 of my switch does not have power. Need to splice into a low current source on the inside and I should be good to go!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Woohoo! Thanks to pcordes (Peter) for really helping me out with this installation!

I know that these are H11 halogens, and that the output won't be great, but I'm excited to see these at night! I plan on getting her cleaned up and will hopefully post a pic of them lit up tonight!

As I mentioned in my fog light thread, I wanted fogs before I even started modding. This is a great way to end my first summer of modding my car. Although, the last thing I'm getting done this Friday is a new PCV valve and hose, thermostat and I.M. (but I don't count that as a mod but more a repair).

I'm extremely happy right now!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Get all the gremlins figured out with your car?

I guess you are just saving up for a major update? Very Secretive...[ohcrap][ninja][headbang]

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Hey free. I need to get this intermittent dimming of my lights issue fixed, along with the p2004 code and my exhaust fixed. As soon as I make one step forward, something always pushes me three steps back.

I guess I can expect that more to happen now that she just hit. . .

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Well, on my drive into work this morning and the lights/heater went down to about 50% power for a few seconds and then came back up. Two minutes later it happened again, but this time the battery light popped up and they all remained at half power.

So now the alternator is shot. ugghhh......

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
That is just bad luck man...so Alternator an Battery Replacements? Anything else related to those to that would cause all your power issues?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Unsure. At this point I'm just sick to my stomach over these issues! lol

I'm going to have them take a look at the exhaust and replace my serpentine belt (never done) while it is off. Hoping that the Alt has been the problem all along. But we'll see.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
ohhh, no. mine quit on me just after I had the car for 5 years. That was in 2012 approx 60-70k miles. This one quit on me just after it hit 100k.

Will I definitely need a new battery if there is still juice in it? or is it trashed?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well, they (F-Stone) did a complete electrical check and couldn't find anything wrong. When the tech called me, I told them exactly what happened and how all of my interior and exterior lights have been dimming constantly. He said he would run it longer and see what will happen. After over an hour of the car running, everything passed the electrical tests and the battery is fine.... I'll post something in the general tech to see what everyone says about it.

Exhaust: Hole in resonator. Gave me a quote of $750 to replace the back half plus all hangers. I passed (of course). I could get a new FSWERKS exhaust at half that price and have it installed probably cheaper (i think of course, don't know for a fact).

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Just replaced alternator and battery a couple weeks ago. No more of the intermittent dimming of the lights!!!! Woohoo!!!! [woot]

Also, got the exhaust/flex pipe (reason for such a high repair cost from other places) replaced and falling heat shields repaired!

Purchased the FSWERKS Street Performance Cat-Back exhaust. Drive it around it is sounds awesome!!! Great growl-ish tone to it when starting off in a new gear, gets louder and then quiets down further into it until gear is changed again. Didn't want anything sounding too "ricey" which it is perfect. Was going to get the STEALTH cat-back but due to emissions here, I wanted it to be street legal. This is a perfect setup. It has also made downshifting much more enjoying than the stock setup. Thanks to members here who helped me decide on it!!!! [headbang]

61 - 75 of 75 Posts