Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know if its at all possible to ask everyone that if you are going to post information on a GTG please add information about it. Don’t just assume that everyone knows what your talking about. This is a good example of information that should be post http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84308 (the map is nice but not a must). To many time I see post with hey GTG this Friday at JON DOE PARK WHO GOING…. Ok where is JON DOE park what time? What are we gonna do? Who can I call if I get lost? I feel there should be a unofficial standard for GTG post to eliminate all guessing and questions of when, where, and who can I contact. So can you please post more info at the least

LOCATION- full address and directions if u have any
TIME
PLANS- what are something’s that we might be able to do
POC(person to contact)who can I call if ive never been to the area?

·
Registered
438 Posts
most of the time these gtgs are very informal. If it is a seriously planned event such as a bbq or lengthy cruise then more information will be posted, such as foodlists, where the cruise will reside.

I ususally just put time and place, and if someone needs directions or a phone number they are more then welcome to pm me or anyone who seems like a regular, or just post it in the thread.

I usually post my gtgs on 3 forums, this one, focaljet, and a contour forum. They are usually very informal and consist of parking lot meets, a cruise, and perhaps some fodd at the end of the cruise depending on who is hungry.

I like your idea, but it applies much more to a more formal organized event. We are talking about 5 car gtgs here. Not 100 plus organized bbq, cruise, or anyother event.

Btw, did you get my pm about my email. Are you located on long island yourself or just some of your club members, it would be great to get more than 5 foci in a parking lot.

greg

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i sent your meet info and email out to my members. i understand that most are informal but because there really arent any foci meets at all except informal ones even that basic info can make that informal meet a good one who cares if one car drives 1 hr to get there they are there hanging out with other drives becuase thats what they want to do. so informal or not its still all for fun so let them now ive driven 1.5 hours to meet up with 1 focus and it was well worth it now i hang out with that guy at least once a month and all he posted was the address to the mall parking lot. thats all it took i saw it i went and bam were gerat friends now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.