Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering getting the RS as the DD. Anyone driven a 350? Im hearing the RS has superioir handling...just curious how it stacks up to the 350.

w/ my magic bag
That'd be a interesting match up.....Never driven a 350 or rs. Have driven varius gt500's, a few boss 302's & my fav= a '14 Z/28.... I'd think, What are you wanting to get out of it & your driving style.

Registered
Without a doubt, the RS is a great car. I have one as my DD and really enjoy driving it to and from work everyday. I鈥檝e had my GT350 for a couple of years now and it鈥檚 my favorite I鈥檝e ever had. It鈥檒l out perform the RS in every conceivable facet of performance.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Without a doubt, the RS is a great car. I have one as my DD and really enjoy driving it to and from work everyday. I鈥檝e had my GT350 for a couple of years now and it鈥檚 my favorite I鈥檝e ever had. It鈥檒l out perform the RS in every conceivable facet of performance.
Good to know...does the GT350 feel more planted in corners and more precise than the RS? I always hear how planted and accurate the RS feels. Also, is parallel parking in tight spaces impossible?

Registered
The Mustang actually has a decent sized trunk. It just lacks a real rear seat.

Not sure about the RS or the current GT350, as I haven't driven either one. The 2016 GT350 handled quite well for it's size. I'd expect the RS to handle better though.

Registered
Good to know...does the GT350 feel more planted in corners and more precise than the RS? I always hear how planted and accurate the RS feels. Also, is parallel parking in tight spaces impossible?
Yes, much - especially in track mode. Like I said, the RS is great, it鈥檚 just that the 350 is a much better performer. However, parking in tight spaces goes to the RS. Hence my choice as DD.

... then the focus wins with its usable hatch area and back seat
Has nothing to do with performance or handling. It does make the RS easier to live with and enjoy everyday.

[cheers]

Registered
i'd take the gt350

at autocross, the gt350 is in A-street with an index of 0.814, the Focus RS is in Bstreet with an index of 0.808

A>B.

as an aside a regular GT in Fstreet has an index of 0.797
the gt350R is in super street at 0.817

Registered
i'd take the gt350

at autocross, the gt350 is in A-street with an index of 0.814, the Focus RS is in Bstreet with an index of 0.808

A>B.

as an aside a regular GT in Fstreet has an index of 0.797
the gt350R is in super street at 0.817
Autocross doesn't really matter for a DD....

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Registered
Autocross doesn't really matter for a DD....

Sent from my moto x4 using FF Mobile
true but one of his primary criteria was handling, of which autocross is near the pinnacle.

w/ my magic bag
I'd go w/ the 350 & not have to deal w/ that open block design of the rs + its rwd.....

Registered
The reason I want an RS in the future is because it's different, lots of people have mustangs but an RS isnt near as common. Plus a 4 cylinder that can almost keep up was a car that has 3 liters more then it? That's cool.

If we get the 2020 ones then I'll be buying one quickly since ill be out of college. Those are going to be nice, half a second less on the 0-60 time.

The ISG is just plain smart. Hope they start using electric turbos in the next few years, to get rid of that unwanted back pressure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts