Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, need to vent frustration!

First, not 2 months after having my car, I find the reason that I have such slow response times and such is because my clutch is going out, and it was bad to begin with so I had to replace that.

Second, rotors are scratched to hell where last owner didnt give a damn about getting new brakes

Third, odd sounds, see post titled "Odd Sounds, Hralp"

Fourth, today, Im driving to fix my glasses (another story for another day ;b ) shifting into 2nd after leaving a stop light, and ... SNAP! my shifter cable breaks and I have to literally use all the speed I have going for me to roll into a MIDAS nearby and have them rig it so I can drive it.

Ok... ahhh.... I feel better now. :)

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Did you buy it from a dealer or private seller? I see it's a 2000MY and they had lots of recalls, have you called the dealer to run its VIN and see if it needs any recall work done? Doesn't sound like the old owner cared much for maintaining the vehicle, who knows what could be fixed on it?? That really sucks, I'm sorry man.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought it from a huge dealership. And by huge I mean its on the side of a freeway and its a couple miles long (not only ford though of course).

Im going into the dealership today to get the new cable, and to get a lock for my trunk because the current one has to be drilled out because my trunk is stuck shut. :(

·
Registered
650 Posts
ouch, it sounds like you arent having very good luck with the foci. I think you should give the dealer hell.. i know its used and all, but c'mon, you've nly had it 2 montsh.. blah

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
sorry to hear about your car. you should try and see if you can change the car at the dealer for a new one. if you had only had it for two months then you should definately complain about it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
do whatever is possible to get your money back or for them to give you a new car. you shouldnt have that many problems with the car if its out of the dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts