Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
You can get the same results by getting some 4 AWG wire and lugs and some heatshrink and making the cables yourself. I custom made mine and I am very happy with it! They should run like this, 1 from the body to the negative battery terminal, from the neg batt to the engine block on right corner near the coil, from there to the fuel rail bolt, from there to the passenger side body, and from there to the engine block on the passenger side of the car.

It will take about 10 feet of cable and 10 lugs with 1/4" or 3/8" holes and I highly recommend using heatshrink tubing where the cable meets the lug.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
i made mine myself and it seemed to help with flickering lights and seemed to run smoother in general....def a worth while mod and easy to DIY.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
I bought one of the e-bay kits cuz I didn't want to deal with it. The thing sucks is that it was a universal kit, so the wire lengths are pre-set. Some wires look too long. I think it'll look better making it yourself cuz you can cut the wires to fit. It's easy enough. That's what I'm gonna do when I get the time.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
jaykirs said:
You can get the same results by getting some 4 AWG wire and lugs and some heatshrink and making the cables yourself. I custom made mine and I am very happy with it! They should run like this, 1 from the body to the negative battery terminal, from the neg batt to the engine block on right corner near the coil, from there to the fuel rail bolt, from there to the passenger side body, and from there to the engine block on the passenger side of the car.

It will take about 10 feet of cable and 10 lugs with 1/4" or 3/8" holes and I highly recommend using heatshrink tubing where the cable meets the lug.

so did you make each cable 2ft long? it seems like the cable from the neg terminal of the battery to the driver's side chassis should only maybe be a foot? i guess you were saying you'll only need 10 ft and not necessarily saying they're 2 ft each. lol idk i'm retarded

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
hmmm, that's what i thought i read here a while ago but i wasn't sure. that's kinda strange though, because the SCO site says to replace them. that's why i wanted to ask here to make sure because i thought it was said here not to replace them. can anyone maybe clear this up? michaelarchangelo, are you sure you don't replace them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.