Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my ground for my batter came loose where it hooks down towards the bottom of the engine now where does it go??? its cause my car to not start and i need to know can comeone get a pic of where their grouond goes?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I can't tell where that is.

Just pick a bolt that mounts the trans to the engine, remove it, slip the wire in between and toss the bolt back in.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats to the right of the starter the length of the wire puts it in that area but ill go look and try and figure out the starter is in the left of the pic.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok update got the wire grounded and car starts fine but the batt light still dont come on and the battery only has 12 volts while started!!so the alt. is shot or i have a bad wire connection wich im gonna look into first anyone else have this problem and it WASNT the alt.?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not recently i havnt worked on it since messing with my s/c a couple months ago but i got it going now just no alt. charge now!!! sucks

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
i had that happen a little while back. i mean that exact same thing. i ended up saying screw it and took it to a shop to get it up in the air. it was too tight for my big ass on the ground with the car on axle stands lol. reconnected the ground wire and found that the power wire was fried. replaced it. alternator apparently stopped working at the same time because the next day it was dead. charged it and took it to advanced where they tested it and said the alt was bad and the battery was good. put a new alternator on it and it was all good. i think maby having the ground disconnected from the tranny while the car is running fries the alternator somehow since some1 else did the exact same thing as me.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
^^I'm pretty sure he arced the power and fried the main fusible link in the process from smacking the starter, makes sense to me anyways.

Remedy, test resistance from the alternator to the large stud on the starter, 0 = blown fusible link and you will need a new battery cable from the dealer only, and I do mean dealer only.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts