Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I just bought my grip royal steering wheel with nrg hub and quick release.

My steering wheel is not straight with the hub, I guess cause the holes are in different location.

The hub is in the 12 o'clock position and the wheel is in the 2 o'clock.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pics would help ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bolt pattern on the grip royal is different then momo,sparco,nrg steering wheels.

That is why the wheel is off I noticed.

Would a wheel spacer/conversion work?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Momo type I used years ago that would be off by one bolt hole to put it at 2 o'clock & could be remounted closer.

Can't see the pieces from here, is there material in the hub so you could clock it where you want & drill/tap new mounting holes? (wouldn't work on the older hub types I've used)

Machining a spacer to fit both patterns would be a lot of work...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Momo type I used years ago that would be off by one bolt hole to put it at 2 o'clock & could be remounted closer.

Can't see the pieces from here, is there material in the hub so you could clock it where you want & drill/tap new mounting holes? (wouldn't work on the older hub types I've used)

Machining a spacer to fit both patterns would be a lot of work...
I tried rotating it and the holes are in the same location.

Come to find out they sell hub conversions.

For some reason nardi,personal and grip royal steering wheels have a different bolt pattern,which start at the 2 o'clock position.

Then known brands such as sparco,momo,nrg,etc which start in the 12 o'clock position.

http://www.sparcousa.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/products/champion.jpg

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Without looking up histories, I remember Nardi from the 60's with Momo from the 70's - Sparco & others came later. (Nardi on old Ferrarris)

Still have a couple Momo wheels I like, they've been on more than one car (small 3 spoke & larger 4 spoke).

Kinda miss not having an airbag, putting on a nice wheel is SUCH an improvement. Good thing the newer stock wheels aren't as bad as older ones, no hard plastic rims to live with or cover.

Avail. adapter sounds like your best solution.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That looks a lot like a Nardi pattern

1 - 9 of 9 Posts