Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For sale is my FULL arsenal of detailing products from Griot's Garage! I'm upgrading and wanted to see who was interested in starting out with the detailing process? I've used these machines for 5 years now, and they are GREAT for the beginner who wants to start detailing. Griot's products are safe and simple to use. I've been detailing for about 5yrs now and these machines have been great to me, it's time for me to upgrade… it would be really great to see if someone else could get starting with this kit, just as I did.

Lets' get down to what I have listed:

1 professional random orbital 6" (with 10ft cord)
1 professional random orbital 3" (with 10ft cord)
6 BRAND NEW 6" Griot's orange polishing pads
5 BRAND NEW 3" Griot's orange polishing pads
1 BRAND NEW 6" Griot's red waxing pad
1 BRAND NEW 3" Griot's red waxing pad
a bag of misc. used 6" orange polishing pads
Machine Polish #1
Machine Polish #2
Machine Polish #3
Machine Polish #4
Best of show wax
One step sealant

This is over 500 dollars worth of products. I'm going to start at half price, 250 obo.
Seller: MCPunk79

If you have any questions on the products, you can ask me, or hit up http://www.griotsgarage.com

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow, thanks for the quick reply!
I'm new to the detailing world, so bear with me. What's the condition of the orbitals? I'm not sure how long 5 years is for products like these, but it seems pretty long

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thanks for the quick reply!
I'm new to the detailing world, so bear with me. What's the condition of the orbitals? I'm not sure how long 5 years is for products like these, but it seems pretty long
The 3" is like brand new… as I didn't use it as frequently as the 6". It's only used for bumpers and pillars mostly…

The only issue with the 6" is that I have the plastic body taped off to close it. I need to fix it. Griots makes a top quality machine, and both machines run just as they did when I purchased them. I never really had to use them at FULL RPM speeds since most of the vehicles I used them on where in such stellar condition.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure I understand what the problem is with the 6"... is the plastic body separated?
On the bottom of the machine, if you see the picture up top… where the bottom black meets the orange… it's loose… So for a quick fix, i've taped it off. It hasn't affected the use of the machine at all.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One Step Sealant; 1/2 bottle

Best of show wax; 1/2 bottle

Machine Polish 4; full bottle

Machine Polish 3; 3/4 bottle

Machine Polish 2; 3/4 bottle

Machine Polish 1; 3/4 bottle

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The Griots machines w/ the compounds/polishes are a great setup. Great price too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Griots machines w/ the compounds/polishes are a great setup. Great price too.
Thanks, they certainly are PERFECT for that starting detailer!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My only problem is that this was a little more than I was looking to spend starting out... I think it's more product than I personally need. I was looking at a kit on Autogeek for about $170 that had less product and only a six inch polisher... Were all the different bottles of polishes and pads necessary starting out?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's always good to have an arsenal of polishes to work with… As a beginner especially, it's good to have a series of products to use and try. Being I don't know the condition of your car I would recommend having a good arsenal of products to test. This is exactly what I did when I purchased the kit…

This kit does come with 2 machines, which is not something I've seen in any kit offered anywhere. It also has a large slew of brand new pads that I just never got around to using.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
My only problem is that this was a little more than I was looking to spend starting out... I think it's more product than I personally need. I was looking at a kit on Autogeek for about $170 that had less product and only a six inch polisher... Were all the different bottles of polishes and pads necessary starting out?
Depending on the correction you need, you might need more say on the top surfaces= hood, roof & trunk deck, but maybe not on the sides. Your going to want at least 6+ pads. You don't want to do a panel or a whole side & then stop & clean up the pad to do the other side, you want to change out the pads on fly. Start w/ a #3 polish & if that doesn't do the correcting your looking for, step down to a #2 polish & if you need more theres the #1 polish. Its really really easy & you'll find that you grow into it. Price out that other kit & a month later, you'll be spending more then he's selling this kit for. Bottom line= Its worth it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^ This

I always use, on average, 4-5 pads on one car… You could potentially have enough pads here to mark the pads on the level of polish used with each pad , which is a good organization. It's always good to have more pads than not enough….

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey MCPunk,
If this is still available after winter, I'll pick it up then, but I'm running into a lot of expenses lately.
Thanks for answers though!
-Zack

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey MCPunk,
If this is still available after winter, I'll pick it up then, but I'm running into a lot of expenses lately.
Thanks for answers though!
-Zack
Will do, Zack… I have it posted on a few other forums, but like this one… detailing is never a hot topic of conversation on most car forums… Any other questions, just let me know… I fixed the 6" now, and it's fine, no longer need to tape the body of the machine…

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Ugh I'm looking for something like this. Get the swirls out of my car, been lurking, watching this thread for a while. Maybe I can swing it as a christmas present...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PM me a shipped price on little orbital to 60098. Thanks
Billy
At this point, I'm going to sell this an entire "beginners kit"… I'm not splitting it up right now, but I'll keep you posted if I do, thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts