Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just the other day I started my car and the light with the circle around it and ! inside of it stayed on. I didnt know why it was on but I shut off my car and turned it back on and the light was off.
Today i started my car up and the light was on again. So I shut the car off and when I turned it over there was a weird kind of grinding sound coming from what seemed like right behind the air vents. So I quickly got drove home (only half mile down the road) and it seemed like there wasnt much power and the revs would fall really quickly, but it wouldnt die out.
So by the time i got home i shut it off and turned it back on and it did it a few more times. And finally it went off one of the times and hasn't done it again.

So what im asking for is, what is wrong? Anyone have the same problem or solution? Im stumped!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Which warning light comes on......the CEL or the battery light? There are plenty of possibilities.

Have a helper start/run the car while you listen for noises with the hood open. If you can't see or hear anything.....check the drive belt, check the fluid levels, etc.

Most noises described as "grinding" end up being a bearing......like a loose water pump bearing or an alternator bearing. Good luck....

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
yep somethings going out. i hear lots of grinding when my cars on and when i popped the hood i can see one of the pulleys barely wobbling. the grinding noise is annoying but none of my lights come on.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right above the check engine light. Its the automatic transaxle/ cooling system light. haha thats what it says in the book.

And the noise isnt a noise that is consistant. ONLY when the light stays on at start. And its only when im turning it over.
Is there a celenoid or something back there?

It just doesnt make sense that i lose engine power when the light is on.
I will check everything but when the noise does happen im usually alone. haha and no helper to start the car for me.
Like i said its not a consistant problem. Its very intermitant.

Anyone got any clues?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thas weird. I am gonna have to go look at my car now. I always thought all SVTf's were 6 speed manual?
Ken

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are. I just dont know why it says that in the book either, but it does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts