Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 svt focus and I have noticed a sound, maybe a bearing? Any thoughts or suggestions if I am on the right track or what it could be? Need to know something, sounds like metal on metal, not the brakes. Thx.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
my 03 is doing the exact same thing. I originally thought brakes but it does not change when the brakes are applied so that rules that one out. I am not sure what it really is but the bearing idea is a good one.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My power steering pump would make a wierd noise when turning before it popped a tube... check the power steering fluid?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Is it a clicking sound? Mine was driving me nute making a clicking/clunking sund over bumps and such from the rear. It ended up being a spring for the brake pad- a piece of the spring broke off and the pad was floating inside the caliper.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
This was asked in another thread and I had mentioned that clicking or grinding noises during full lock turns usually is a sign that you have bad CV joints or half shafts. All it takes is the rubber boot around the joint to decay and let water and dirt in. Then you've got some problems.

·
Registered
813 Posts
If the sounds is only durning turning then InfraRedHB is right. Either bad CVs or half shafts. It more than likely wouldn't be a bearing problem if the sound is only made durning a turn. When I had berrings go out on my Chrystler the grinding sound was happening all the time not just in turns.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
very true but it is grinding no pop at all. Sounds more like the brakes never disengage. When I drive it in june I will listen for a ticking or clicking. Oh well it is under warranty so when I get back from Germany I will take it in for this and the latch recall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts