Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls I havent been here for a while sorry. I was thinking about trading my focus for an SRT-4. BUt now it looks like I may just put a turbo into mine. I have a minor problem. When I throw my car into third from second or down from fourth it grinds. I thought it was the syncro but the ford garage said no. I've takin it to them twice and asked them to fix it and nothing happened. THis time the blamed it on my winter mats making the clutch pedal stick pardon my cow lingo BULLSHIT!! Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Chad

·
Registered
20 Posts
I HAVE A MUSTANG AND IT DID THAT , BUT IT WAS FOURTH GEAR. DEFINATELY A SYNCRO OR WORN GEAR. IF YOU RACE MUCH, IT'S BOUND TO HAPPEN WITH A STOCK SETUP ON ANY CAR BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONE THAT'S SLAMMED THE HARDEST! HOFEFULLY IT'S UNDER WARRANTY, BUT IF NOT ASK HOW MUCH TO FIX IT. IT MIGHT BE WORTH BUYING A USED TRANNY IN GOOD SHAPE FROM JUNK YARD OR E-BAY! [driving]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
This problem is fairly common in some foci, I had it in mine long ago. We replaced my tranny under warranty, I got a newer 2002 tranny and never had a problem again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
WHY DO THE CAPS BUG YOU, IT'S JUST EASIER TO TYPE BECAUSE I'M NOT THE BEST TYPER IN THE WORLD, HUNT AND PECK. IF IT REALLY BUGS YOU I WILL STOP, IT'S JUST EASIER FOR ME. DON'T MEAN TO OFFEND.[:D]

·
Registered
870 Posts
Its a synchronizer. It should be under warranty. Mine went out and they fixed pretty quick. Just get it fixed soon tho.....grinding=bad

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well mine grinds every now and then (barely ever)....it been doing it since i got it ...I always thought it was because i didn't put the clutch down far enough......how much does it cost for a used tranny??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts