Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all thanks if u posted a thread here to help,

I have focus 1.8 tdci and this morning went to start her up, there was horrid grinding sound as if didn't have clutch down and was trying to sellect a gear. Then when tried to sellect a gear I wasn't able to. I started her up with clutch pressed in by the way and there were no warning lights, I'm not super at cars and can only think It's maybe clutch pressure ect, however breaks work fine and they use same resource of fluid. It was cold this morning but nothing silly. I'm stumped.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
After reading your post closely, there are a NUMBER of possibilities, and you're going to need to give us some more information after you check things out a bit....

!. How does the clutch pedal "feel" - Normal? or different...

2. Any fluid dripping on the floor from the clutch pedal area?

3. How does the shifter feel (you can't shift when it isn't running into all gears, we're looking for an unusual "feel" here)

4. Was the car in neutral when you started it?

NONE of the possibilities are "good", but some are cheaper/easier than others, and with some more info. we can give you an informed guess as to your issue...

Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading your post closely, there are a NUMBER of possibilities, and you're going to need to give us some more information after you check things out a bit....

!. How does the clutch pedal "feel" - Normal? or different...

2. Any fluid dripping on the floor from the clutch pedal area?

3. How does the shifter feel (you can't shift when it isn't running into all gears, we're looking for an unusual "feel" here)

4. Was the car in neutral when you started it?

NONE of the possibilities are "good", but some are cheaper/easier than others, and with some more info. we can give you an informed guess as to your issue...

Luck!
it felt normal when it wasnt working, there was no fluid and shifter felt stiff, and the car was in nutrual when i started her up, im happy to say its all fixed now i have no idea how but even though peddle felt normal, when i got home from work i pulled it up towards the stearing wheel and then tried her again, started normaly, not sure why that fixed it but it did, *shrugs* going to take her in just to get checkup by a friend mechanic to make sure not more serious prob, hopefully just sticky peddle or somthing *shrugs again*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts