Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 focus with 48,000 miles, mostly highway miles. A new clutch was recently put in due to a chasis shudder recall. There is a grinding sound near the driver side changing into second and third gears. The sound is mostly produced while going uphill. There is also a knocking below the pedals while turning the wheel sharply. Technicians have not driven the car enough to hear the noise. I just need some opinions to suggest to the dealer to help point them in the right direction.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd explain to them what your hearing & when, speed, turning straight or what.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII TSB Recalls & Problems section wghere you can find more information.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Knocking sounds like a joint that needs to be lubricated or is damaged.

I would just take it to the dealer and describe the sounds you hear. Sometimes it's easier to get things done when you just give them the basics.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have a 2012 focus with 48,000 miles, mostly highway miles. A new clutch was recently put in due to a chasis shudder recall. There is a grinding sound near the driver side changing into second and third gears. The sound is mostly produced while going uphill. There is also a knocking below the pedals while turning the wheel sharply. Technicians have not driven the car enough to hear the noise. I just need some opinions to suggest to the dealer to help point them in the right direction.
One way you can accomplish this is do a drive with the techs to show them exactly how and when it happens. Is your Focus still at the dealer?

I'd explain to them what your hearing & when, speed, turning straight or what.
Great advice felixthecat!

Meagan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts