Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellers and laders...

I'm going to remove the billet grille from my fo-fo and installing a new factory grille. However the billet grille mounts COMPLETELY differently than the factory grille mounts. So, I need to know what hardware I need to mount thte factory grille...mayb e somebody with a MKI can go outside and check out their grille? Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just had one put on my car.... looky...

step one (if you have other turning signals up front skip step one):
Cut OEM grille (just where the signals are.) Than cut where they are normaly bolted on so u can put then back father.

Drill NEW bolt holes, put on.

Step 2. Cut front part of hood latch (it sticks out too far for the new grille.)

Step 3: line up new grille brackets (mine came with them...) and screw on

(you can see its just 2 little pieces of metal. One on each side. and the bottom was bent down and drilled in to the frame)

Finished:

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^

I'm REMOVING the billet grille, and INSTALLING the factory grille. [read]

I just need to know what hardware to use. I need 10mm bolts, but so they screw into the car or do I need nuts?

·
Registered
90 Posts
They are nut. If you look at the first and second picture u can see the bolts. My OEM grille which was cut is attached as u can see to the original bolt holes. May I ask why your taking it off? Did u install the grille you have now? and How? Was it close to what I said?

And I think it is unhealthy to have an obsession with any Geo..... or like them for that matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts