Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find a sheet of honeycomb or diamond black anodized mesh online but I cannot seem to find them anywhere. The project I'm doin is replacing the grille on my 05. Basically to rid of the ford emblem. It would be really easy considering the actual grille part is held in with clips. I just cant find the damn sheets!! Anyone have suggestions where to get some?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The hofele grill looks absolutly sick on focus's. I cant find them though. Anyone know where they are available?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well no not the actual grille assembly, plus those are for pre 05 models. I'm looking for actual sheets without the frame.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Would look sick if you can find it, I've often though of the same mod myself, gid rid of the oval

·
Registered
164 Posts
So does the Hofele grille or grilles like it get rid of your two front blinkers on your stock grille?

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
The Hofele Grille is the only grille I know of (For the 98-04 models) that is signal-less and badge-less. I've seen other european-style grilles that are signal-less but still have the Ford Emblem. There is also the Mach-Audio Focus front grille that is signal-less, has the ford emblem, and retains the 'stock' mesh pattern (not honey-comb).

Cheers!

·
Registered
164 Posts
W~Phoenix~{RC} said:
The Hofele Grille is the only grille I know of (For the 98-04 models) that is signal-less and badge-less. I've seen other european-style grilles that are signal-less but still have the Ford Emblem. There is also the Mach-Audio Focus front grille that is signal-less, has the ford emblem, and retains the 'stock' mesh pattern (not honey-comb).

Cheers!
So ehn you install it you just unplug and detatch your front signals? Are there any legality issues with this...not that it would stop me at all. I live the signal-less badge-less look. Just looks so clean...

Aslo it looks like that Hofele grill was only for 05 and later models. Ive searched the net a lot, know where i can find them for pre-05 SVT's?

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
klepto said:
So ehn you install it you just unplug and detatch your front signals? Are there any legality issues with this...not that it would stop me at all. I live the signal-less badge-less look. Just looks so clean...

Aslo it looks like that Hofele grill was only for 05 and later models. Ive searched the net a lot, know where i can find them for pre-05 SVT's?
If you were to 'detach' the front grille turn signals, then you would have an issue with the 'fast blinker' problem because not enough resistance is going through that circuit. Usually people with turn signals in their headlights (HIDs, ST170's, or other aftermarket headlamps) get the signal-less grille because they can redirect the load resistance to the turn signal in their headlamps.

The Hofele Grille is for the 98-04 Focus Models. The only front grille that I know of that is available for the 05+ models are all billet-looking.

Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts