Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone did this before. My brother in law is an engineer and has access to machiner that can make billit aluminum pieces. If i gave him my front grill, do you think I could redesign it with the honeycomb design and signal delete without much fuss?

·
Registered
697 Posts
there'd be a few hours into design'ing it, then you gotta machine it. it'd be worth it when its done. i got a pic here somewhere of one i was doing, but if i made it my car will ahve too much chrome.

dont got the sketch could'nt find it, but i just had the 4 grills........wait lemme find a photo i did.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i got a pic, if you wanna see -email me man ill hook ya up.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
If you can find a machinest to do the work for cheap.. go for it. But most machinests don't like to do big projects like that. It is incredible the hours it would take for that. Even with a CNC machine to do it. If your bro in law can make the program to run the CNC, you could get it done easier, but unless the machinest is a VERY good freind.... it'll cost ya!!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's pretty bright, he's the engineer that actually designed many of the machines in the window factory he works in. So pretty much all i have to pay for is the base minute machine time and aluminum.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i liek the front grill on the ford racing/hotwheels focus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts