Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and to the car so I was wondering what are our options for aftermarket grilles ? I would rather have full honeycomb or mesh instead of only partial openings at the bottom of stock grille.

Thanks guys, I have been doing a lot of searching lately and found lots of cool stuff.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Ebay has what you are looking for. PLENTY of people on here have purchased and used the Ebay Honey Comb grill.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm new here and to the car so I was wondering what are our options for aftermarket grilles ? I would rather have full honeycomb or mesh instead of only partial openings at the bottom of stock grille.

Thanks guys, I have been doing a lot of searching lately and found lots of cool stuff.

I have the honeycomb grill on my 14 Titanium and its so much easier to keep clean and in my opinion looks way better, the hardest part about putting it in was taking the stock grill off of the bumper

heres a link:For 12 14 Focus Euro Zetec Style Bumper Lower Center Side Grille Honeycomb BK | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking of doing some paint work on the grill bumper area. I always like the evo 10 front end when the body is white. I wanted the 10 but I grabbed an s4 instead.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeah I bought some grill mesh from www.customcargrills.com. then took my plastic inserts out and traced out the design, sorta tricky cutting it out with snips but a jigsaw would be perfect. You could leave a little extra on the sides to bend down for mounting tabs. I was meaning too but one to many tokes and no more tabs. I used small zip ties in the corners. Make sure you lay out the plastic parts evenly so the design matches on all three grill inserts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I bought some grill mesh from then took my plastic inserts out and traced out the design, sorta tricky cutting it out with snips but a jigsaw would be perfect. You could leave a little extra on the sides to bend down for mounting tabs. I was meaning too but one to many tokes and no more tabs. I used small zip ties in the corners. Make sure you lay out the plastic parts evenly so the design matches on all three grill inserts.
Are you on social media? I’d love to see the progression of your car and see exactly where you attached the mesh to the bumper!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts