Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try this again as it ended up in another thread last time. Might be something to do with Tapatalk.

I have just bought a 2004 Ford Focus sight unseen from a neighbor that lives near my Dad in Georgia. According to her it just started making this "weird engine noise." My Dad listened to it and thinks it top end. The lady only wants $400 for the care which is straight and has lower mileage, so worst scenario is just put a JY engine in and keep rocking.

I have a 1994 Ford Tempo that I have been keeping a live for over 10 years now, and it is now my daughter's car. This Focus will replace that car for her. I am also rebuilding a 1985 Ford Bronco for my enjoyment. So I have a lot to do.

From what I father reading on the forum so far, I suspect one of the valve guides has dropped and that might be the engine noise from the Focus. I will pull the head when I get it to Kentucky and make the final diagnosis. I will then be in the market for the right engine. I don't plan on putting the SPI engine back in. This is just what I gathered from my Dad's report. I am looking forward to chatting and reading about the builds and mods here.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Felix. I will start looking for the Zetec. From what I have read so far, people seem to lean that way.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Thanks, Felix. I will start looking for the Zetec. From what I have read so far, people seem to lean that way.

Sent from my moto x4 using FF Mobile
Less work to go w/ a Zetec then a D-tech in the earlier models...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Less work to go w/ a Zetec then a D-tech in the earlier models...
Found a Zetec today for $300. Will plan on getting it and doing the swap as soon as I get the car up here. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts