Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :) I've been looking for a fun car for awhile now and snagged a 2013 Focus ST with 21,000 miles last week. Man that thing is fun! I've put in a pair of Xpider floor mats and shimmed the gas pedal a bit so far with some other "little" mode planned. Where do we ask the "absolute noob questions" here? I mean….I don't want to clog up the forums asking basic questions there are a few things I can't seem to find. Thanks guys :) Sure like the site :)

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there an "ask your noob questions here 1st" thread? I have ??'s about brakes, tunes, what "catback" means and other good stuff :)

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Put it on this thread. if it evolves into more eventually then a mod will move it to the "build and showroom" thread. or just fiddle around the site to the different subsections.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, how about the term " catback exhaust" does that mean new stuff from the catalytic converter to the tailpipe? And... Why does the st get worse mileage than the regular focus even if you stay out if boost? They're both 2 l engines. Could it all be due to the fat tires?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Cat back is correct. From the cat back, see what they did there ha ha ha....

Second question I don't know. Sailor will probably see this on his rounds around the thread (he is a mod and walking dictionary as some call him).

Fat tires don't help any. That's for sure. Extra weight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome. good luck and enjoy your car. Winter gas +turbocharged+ cold engine driving will make the mileage definitely go down. I think these cars get the best mpg when the engine is hot and you stay under 2000 rpms when shifting. I went from a 12 sel hatchback to a 14 TB ST3 and can say the gas mileage is my only drawback. But I love the performance, I think it's my fav car I've ever owned

1 - 7 of 7 Posts