Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Brand new Focus owner here! I recently purchased an 06 Infrared ZX4 with the phat street package, and lovin' it! Ther first thisg I did was to put in a FS Cool-Flo intake.

Question to anyone who has installed a Cool-Flo: Does your throttle body "squeak"? Every time I push the gas after I shift, I hear what sounds like a vacuum leak. After monkeying with the throttle with the hood up, I have isolated the sound as coming from the area of a switch on the back of the throttle body. Is there any way to eliminate this maddening annoyance?

Attaches is a Pic. More detailed ones to come for the gallery![}:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum. Can't help you out with your sqeak, but someone should be by shortly that will.

later
rich

·
Registered
108 Posts
well what you might be hearing is the sound of the air rushing through the free'er (is that a word?) flowing filter. its kind of a whoosh sound if that is what you are getting at.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Congrats! And Welcome!

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
mine makes a whistle sound and it is the air going past the butterfly in the Throttle Body.

[welcome]

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I took it to a buddt of mine, he said it sounded kind of like a blow off valve.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have the FS cool-flo to and I have that whistle noise too. I kinda does sounds like a blow off valve. Its totally normal, just the rush of air coming into the engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts