Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
this is awesome... only thing is... would the window switches for the driver be reversed? Also would the headlight switch work in our US foci?

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Wow looks good.

I wonder if he does transactions with us in the USA because I think you need to ship him the parts, and then he will ship them back if I'm not mistaken. But I'd also like to know if the headlight switches would work in the US Focus...

·
Registered
449 Posts
I know there are more websites of this out there. I even saw one somewhere, but I cannot remember how to get there.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^yeah thats what I am doing, but its a good option if you don't trust yourself.

·
Registered
936 Posts
its easyer and hella cheaper to just buy blue leds and a sodering pin and get to work. led site......http://superbrightleds.com/
Not everyone is comfortable with doing work of this nature. Just because *you* can do it doesn't mean everyone can. Its the same with taking the car to a mechanic. Just because I know I can do all kinds of work on my car, doesn't mean the guy next door to me can.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
com on , its not that hard. 2 lil spots get then hot, pull led out, slide new led pins in , soder, done. but for real, if your not comfortable doing it send it to me and ill do it for ya. 2 min out of my day after the pen is hot. lol

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
How does the headlight switch come out? I might consider switching the led's to blue since I have about 100 blue led's, lol.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
^^
- Remove the four bolts that hold the cover below the steering wheel
- Once this is off there is one bolt holding the vent and dash cover for the drivers side vent
- Remove that bolt and Pull the cover and vent off.
- Recommended that you pull your steering wheel out and down as far as it will adjust to
- Remove the three Phillips head screws securing the switch to the dash
- Disconnect switch from the harness
- Use the small slotted driver inserted in the seam to remove the back from the front case
- Pull them apart halfway and then rotate the top half approximately 15 degrees counter clockwise. Keeping the knob in the off position.
- There is a notch on the end of the knobs stock that has a key way that it slides through. Remember when you reassemble this that you have to put the knob in the off position and slide it in the key way half way then rotate the whole upper portion back to level and slide them together. There will be some friction but not much. DON’T FORCE IT!!
- Pull the circuit board out of the lower casing, you can use a small pick or small slotted driver.
- Pay attention to the input side of the LEDs, replace them one at a time so you don’t lose your train of thought.
- Reassemble reverse order and test the switch in the key on position, DO THIS BEFORE PUTTING IT BACK IN THE DASH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts