Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered, but I need a set of pads and I was just wondering on how these hold up for daily driving?

Thanks,
Travis

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Mine have held up for 2 years and more than 200 Autocross runs with some small roadcourse work as well. Still stop well and make no noise. They do dust, and take a little heat to get to 100%, but you won't really be using 100% unless you're on the track already...

Great pads, but I want something more aggressive and will probably go with Hawk HPSs next time.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good enough for me...lol

I'm gonna order a set. Now for the next question. If I get larger rotors (sloted, cross-drilled, etc) from a 00-04 will they still fit on my 05? Cause alot of companies will say 00-04 and I need something that's gonna be the same size as my stock rotors, but better ;).

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Trav-E2.0 said:
That's good enough for me...lol

I'm gonna order a set. Now for the next question. If I get larger rotors (sloted, cross-drilled, etc) from a 00-04 will they still fit on my 05? Cause alot of companies will say 00-04 and I need something that's gonna be the same size as my stock rotors, but better ;).
Unless you are going Road Racing, you will have no performance advantage to upgrading your rotors. IE you will never be in a situation where you will use that added heat capacity except for serious roadcourse action. It simply won't happen on the street or even autocross course.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
whatever you do dont do anything other than solid face rotors (like stock) because the other ones can actually reduce your daily driving braking so I have heard. I went with stock rotors and hawk brake pads and I noticed a pretty good increase in stopping power.

Hawk pads are better than EBC, I've heard some negative stuff about EBC, although I've never had them. My buddy had EBC green stuff and slotted/drilled rotors, then he replaced them with stock rotors and hawk pads and he said it is exceptionanlly better

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks. I as a matter of fact didn't go with the green stuff [:(]. Would have taken too long to get. I just got a pair of duralasts and I'm gonna get a set of stock rotors.

Thanks again for the info [thumb].

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Sonicbluezx3 said:
whatever you do dont do anything other than solid face rotors (like stock) because the other ones can actually reduce your daily driving braking so I have heard. I went with stock rotors and hawk brake pads and I noticed a pretty good increase in stopping power.

Hawk pads are better than EBC, I've heard some negative stuff about EBC, although I've never had them. My buddy had EBC green stuff and slotted/drilled rotors, then he replaced them with stock rotors and hawk pads and he said it is exceptionanlly better
Did you get your Hawk pads online ?
If so, where did you find them ?

I'm having a hard time finding a good price/vendor that has them in stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts