Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Thanks to a lot of positive feed back and support from the ST community, I am being given the green light to start the prototyping process for an exhaust system for the Focus ST. I hope to start prototyping by the end of next month or early March. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up and hear back any input you guys might have on what you would like to see for as an end result exhaust system.

One specific point I would like to touch on would be the exhaust tip. Traditionally we, here at GReddy like to do a single tip exit, but I feel like with the ST we must do a duel tip exit. What are your thoughts as ST owners on that.

-Aaron
R&D

PS. To the Admins. I'm not sure if I need to be a vendor to get feed back from forums members, but if I am violating any forum rules by posting here I do apologize. If you could please email me I would like to have the chance to work it out with you. Thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm not a fan of the duel tip in fact I really miss the stock tip. Could you incorporate a stock looking tip? Is your system going to be a 3 inch?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't currently have an ST, but I plan to buy one very soon. I think a single, squared-off tip that tapers to the lines of the cut-out in the bumper would look really good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking to buy an exhaust for my 2013 ST currently, so depending on the sound you are aiming for I would be interested. I like the sound of the MBRP, the others are too loud and for a daily driver I'm not a fan. As far as exhaust tips the round tips look immature and not well thought out. I definitely like the looks of the stock tip, so if there is a way to include a replica or variant of the stock tip geometry that would be sick.

As far as prototyping goes, I know you guys will probably either buy an ST or use an employee's/friend's ST. I may have just joined this forum but I have a bunch of automotive fab experience and other engineering experience so if you want to collaborate (Assuming your goals are in line with what I'm looking for) let me know. I can send solidworks models and what not for dimensions.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm glad how this turned out, I love the Greddy cat-back, I get a little drone around regular cruising speeds 55-60 but very little at 70 on the interstate and I love how loud it gets under throttle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts