Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!!!!![welcome]

Everyone in the Great lake Thread, lets starts talking.... It don't matter what state you are in. I am bored, that why I made a Great Lakes Boredom Thread.[popcorn]

Is everyone enjoying this cold weather?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I personally hate the cold weather. Lucky for me my car stayed fairly clean through the first snow, since I make my wife drive since she has four wheel drive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just washed my car. We have a heated indoor DIY car wash 2 miles from my house. My garage is heating up right now. I'm going to finish the full detail shortly. I coated the car in June, it has been very easy to clean ever since. No wax for 36 months

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI, the sealant/paint protectant is such a waste of money!! I work at a dealership and all the sealant is, is a very expensive wax. its just like all other waxes. Such a waste.
no offense.....
I wax mine 3-4 times a year.

I'm fixing my rear bumper, from where the prior owner backed into a pole and put several creases in it. [mecry] should have it painted by end of this next weekend. [thumb]

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree that any crap installed by your dealer is just that, crap. Im an authorized Beeds coating installer, and I can assure you, the process to prep a car for coating is not being followed by your dealer. Nor do they use a quality product. CQuartz UK is a quallity consumer grade coating that is user friendly too. As for sealants being the same as wax, not entirely true. I use Menzerna Power Lock on customer cars i dont coat. I see an average of 6-8 months protection. Most carnuba waxes last 4-6 weeks. I understand that 95% of people are happy as all get out with a quick wash and wax for $30. Those are not my customers. If you guys have any detailing questions at all. Feel free to pm me.
Billy

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FYI, the sealant/paint protectant is such a waste of money!! I work at a dealership and all the sealant is, is a very expensive wax. its just like all other waxes. Such a waste.
no offense.....
I wax mine 3-4 times a year.

I'm fixing my rear bumper, from where the prior owner backed into a pole and put several creases in it. [mecry] should have it painted by end of this next weekend. [thumb]
That is well said and so right.. There nothing special what the dealer put on..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have an interview today. It's more money and less physical work but it's in an area of plant I really don't like to work in. I don't know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm trying to focus on the upsides of winter but the list is pretty short compared to the list of downs.

- "Winter blend" gasoline
- Heavily salted roads
- Heavily sanded roads
- Black ice
- Glare ice
- Regular ice
- Snow covered roads
- Snowplow piles
- Warming the engine for 15 minutes prior to every drive
- Minnesotans whole STILL can't drive in the snow (I've lived here awhile...)
- Tourists who never could
- 2-3 hour traffic delays
- Blizzards...
- I could go on...

Sorry if this is depressing guys, I thought it might mike good discussion.

On the bright side compared to my former car (a 00' Grand Prix) my MK3 is basically Einstein in the snow.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts