Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has seen a good fitment seat cover for ST3 Recaro full leather seats?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hey Elizabeth, I always follow your posts. Don't you feel as though you want to enjoy the smell, look and feel of the leather ? Seems like covering them really detracts from such enjoyment. FWIW.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Elizabeth, I always follow your posts. Don't you feel as though you want to enjoy the smell, look and feel of the leather ? Seems like covering them really detracts from such enjoyment. FWIW.
That is why I want a seat cover that looks good and fits well. LOL
I find leather is not what it used to be. And cheap leather looks great the first year or two. Then goes to Hell. i would rather keep it looking good under the cover than have it start to wear out within a few years.
Though if it was worth it, getting the seats redone in a quality leather would be good too. just really expensive.
I am not saying the Recaro leather is crap. but is it still not 'high quality' leather.. And that means it will generally wear, crack, surface finish damages, dry out pretty fast.

An example of 'real leather':
I had an old Police motorcycle jacket. It was at least ten years old when I got it, probably a lot older than that. It felt like it weighed at least 20 pounds. It looked like Hell when i bought it for $10. After some (actually a LOT) Mink oil and Saddle soap it was great. and lasted me 20 years, until someone stole it out of my car. Now, over ten years later I bet they are still wearing it. Now THAT is LEATHER... Not this split too thin, chemically treated abysmal junk called leather today.
(and I am not even mad it was stolen!.. way more mad the car window was smashed.. I sort of feel like the jacket moved on..)

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts